Support : [ HOW TO ] Be Able to Use the Blue (now Gray) Chat Bar at the Bottom of Every Page

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

From this point forward ... the following applies ... when it comes to seeing or chatting / PMing with someone via the BLUE CHAT BAR at the bottom of every page.

chatbar.png

The only way two Members will see each other, and be able to chat / PM each other, is if they are BOTH FOLLOWING EACH OTHER.

If two Members want to communicate via the blue chat bar ... each one must choose to FOLLOW each other.

Each must go to the profile page of the other person they want to FOLLOW, and click on the FOLLOW link.

If one person is following, but the other is not, they will not see or be able to communicate via the blue chat bar at the bottom of every page.

Below is an image of where everyone can find the FOLLOW link on profile pages.

follow1.png

Let me know if you all have any questions, or if this is not working properly for you.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

for real.. ? just because of 1 user abusing the system?... why not just deal with that user?.. that's giving up an awful lot of access to eachother all for a single user's actions.. And it's not like he's spamming or anything.. he's just reaching out.. how about just creating a new rule about PMing.. I've had quite a few positive and informative PM conversations with users that were not following me.. and real talk Destee.. if taking away functionality is the response to every infraction.. this time next year, we won't be able to do much at all.. there's got to be some middle ground somewhere.. please.. with sugar on top.. ;)

for real.. ? just because of 1 user abusing the system?... why not just deal with that user?.. that's giving up an awful lot of access to eachother all for a single user's actions.. And it's not like he's spamming or anything.. he's just reaching out.. how about just creating a new rule about PMing.. I've had quite a few positive and informative PM conversations with users that were not following me.. and real talk Destee.. if taking away functionality is the response to every infraction.. this time next year, we won't be able to do much at all.. there's got to be some middle ground somewhere.. please.. with sugar on top.. ;)

Skuderjaymes this member was reach out the wrong way and being very disrespectful and a disturbance to new members also. I agree with you on the new system feature, I just want an ignore button on the PM, but that might not be possible for them to change.

Brother Skuder ... welcome to the world of trying to satisfy so many ... glad to have you with me! :love:

It is very unfortunate, that folk can't have access to full features, because some abuse it, or some have low thresholds when dealing with other people. I'm often left in the middle, trying to find a balance to it all, with very limited resources.

There are a few features that only Premium Members get, due to this very reason. This particular feature offers an option short of that, the one outlined above, but it will be my next course of action should the complaints / issues continue ... making it so only Premium Members can use it.

I'd love to have everyone have everything, i purchased everything for everyone, but it often includes expending additional resources ... above and beyond the cost of the feature and my ability ... to deal with these kinds of issues.

Prior to moving to this new software, the setup for the blue chat bar, was the same as is outlined above. When we moved to this new software, i thought i'd give it a try, let everyone have access to the rich feature set, but look what happened ... how many folk joined in the complaint ... of just one Member "reaching out" as you say.

I don't have the resources to babysit grown folk at every level, every feature, every click of their mouse. It's not rational, for me to put more energy into this very small issue, when i can easily make it so everyone actually approves who can talk to them, and who cannot.

I understand that it is just one person right now, but history has proven, where there is one, there will be two, and more ... more reaching out, and more complaining about them reaching out ... and i'm caught in the middle ... called in at every instance ... a single Mother, poor, broke, struggling to keep this community alive ... yet i have these kinds of issues to deal with just because i want to give everyone everything ... it makes no sense.

It is unfortunate when grown folk can't manage their own interactions positively, without help.

I am open to suggestions ... but as you said ... what is abuse to one, is reaching out to another ... just solving that one for me would be great!

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

Skuderjaymes this member was reach out the wrong way and being very disrespectful and a disturbance to new members also. I agree with you on the new system feature, I just want an ignore button on the PM, but that might not be possible for them to change.

yeah but.. you ain't gotta tell mama everytime something happen.. cause then we all get a whoopin...
You always gettin us in trouble.. dang!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back