Black People : HOW THE HISTORICAL "MOORS" CAUSED THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE TO FALL

This video may be a good anti Islamic propaganda piece but from a historical perspective it is flawed. First of all there was no "Arab" invasion of Morocco in 708.

Secondly, Morocco was inhabited by the Berbers since at least 5000 years ago.

The country was first united under the Idrisid dynasty in 788.

This early dynasty was not established based on warfare or domination of the indigenous people. It was a safe haven for many who were escaping the domination of the eastern caliphate which ruled from Ifriqiya (ie "Africa).

During this period Morocco became a center of learning and trade, before the later establishment of Timbuktu.

SMH @ you omowale something or rather. Brother Keita posted this topic 2 years ago. I post a comment and then in jump you. I deleted that statement just so I could reply to you, LOL --again you don't read nor provide well documented resources...just your pompous words as truth.

"Britian and The Islamic World, 1558-1713", by Gerald MacLean and Nabil Matar

al-Mansur replied to Queen Elizabeth 1 on June 23 1590 "...if you extend the military help you promised Don Antonio ...this year..." he continued "...we shall send our envoy as soon as the 'happy action' of conquering the Sudan is finished. You and I.." he concluded "...share the same goals..."

"...On 28 February 1591, a Moroccan army reached Niger across the Sahara, 135 days after leaving Marrakesh. Two weeks later, 13 March, the Moroccans defeated the Songhai army, after which the 'Sudan' --the Land of the Blacks-- submitted and would henceforth send an annual tribute of 100,000 pieces of gold and 1,000 slaves to Marrakesh. The wealth that al-Mansur gained from the invasion immediately attracted European traders. The Portuguese captive Antonio de Saldanha reported that Marrakesh soon teamed with English, French, Flemish, Italian, and Spanish merchants, each seeking al-Mansur's favour and approaching him with requests for monopolies..."

This video may be a good anti Islamic propaganda piece but from a historical perspective it is flawed. First of all there was no "Arab" invasion of Morocco in 708.

This early dynasty was not established based on warfare or domination of the indigenous people. It was a safe haven for many who were escaping the domination of the eastern caliphate which ruled from Ifriqiya (ie "Africa).

During this period Morocco became a center of learning and trade, before the later establishment of Timbuktu.

My question here then is where is the historical record of Berbers in the region being referred to as Blacks or Moors prior to 708?

FYI Not too bright talking 2 yourself, LOL. Brother Keita will answer eventually just not today. Better yet, maybe you are 'topic confused' as it is Jamesfrmphilly who mentioned Berbers!

...More documentation, that is on topic:

"Europe Through Arab Eyes"
by Nabil I. Matar
Chronology xx

1588 Don Antonio, claimant to the Portuguese throne, in England
1588 A Moroccan scribe describes the Spanish defeat and praises Queen Elizabeth
1591 Moroccan conquest of Songhay
1591 Completion of the palace of al-Badi in Marrakesh, inspired by the Escorial

*** Ah, so here is confirmation that some sort of monetary exchange occurred between England and the Morracan Empire, thereby providing the necessary ammo to overtake Songhay and rather than pay her back used the monies to finance their own kingdom.

Yet, you probably don't get it because you dont read, cluster ideas and then align information into a logical and orderly flow.

My question here then is where is the historical record of Berbers in the region being referred to as Blacks or Moors prior to 708?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back