Black People : How the Dumb Lead the Dumb!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, May 21, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Just for clarification Happy...are you talking about Dr. Cosby's comments, or the responses to them? I don't have as much problem with Cosby's message, as I do his delivery. I do think that many parents do not teach the proper priorities to their children (they provide material goods instead of teaching them values). However Cosby was mistaken to limit this observation to the lower economic class, as higher income brackets also neglect their kids (in some ways they might even do it at a higher rate). Dr. Cosby donates generously to black colleges, which does educate "our" youth. This is something that most alumni of black colleges do not do. Indeed the rate that alumni give to black colleges in comparison to white colleges is embarrasing!! For what Dr. Cosby has done to educate black children, I will always have love for him. In addition I will always have love for his positive portrayals of black families and black people on TV. I just wish the next time he wants to make a speech like that, he writes it down instead of "shooting" from the hip!

3. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    BOTH. Not in the message, because I have said that over and over...BUT Not the scapegoating of poor blacks. And he neglects the FACT that all of his kids had their problems with drugs themselves; amongst other things. As you stated this is just not limited to those of Us who may be on a lower income bracket... I do okay for myself; but if things really got bad...how many paychecks am I from starving? And then the responses by Our good ol' KKK network members... not surprised, just sometimes I get tired of the b.s.

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    str8 up, bill cosby is the classic case of house negroe appologizing to the whites, there are alot of smart poor black kids, and alot of dum white poor kids too (trust me i lived in alabama once) i have heard him make these comments before, speak english? white english takes to long to get to the point, which wastes brain power, black dialect (used correctly) gets to the point faster. a lot of the time these people just talk like that amongst them selves in work or school they turn it off and on.....this is coming from the guy that likes to accept awards from bush and clown around like the court gester while doing it

5. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    I have heard the theory thrown around much lately about Black Males apologizing to white folk. Now, I am starting to think that it may not be too far off of the radar.

I mean, if you catch hell from white folk during your life, I mean real hell what is the remedy: marry a white woman (and today you could marry a white man).

They stop you from acquiring a dream... grin, shuck and jive with them in hopes that they may change their minds.... just maybe they will let him purchase a major network this time?

Again, to scapegoat a whole segment of Us...it sticks in my gut and pisses me off.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    tHATS TRUE HAPPY

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Happy wrote:

That's a new one for me sis...who is saying this and what do they mean?

Queenie :spinstar:

8. happy69

Ratings:
    +5

In some of my meetings, We talk about images on T.V.; We talk about who We should and shouldn't support-and yes, it makes a difference. Whereas, most White entertainers do not have to depend on Us for success, but some do; and We give it...Most all Black Entertainers have to; even though some stupidly don't know it. Anyway, yes, especially with some of the Black Males I've heard this same notion--especially with some of Our teenagers. And I have heard it several times on these boards... in the past I thought that some of the ones who are charged with this like Chris Rock (who still to me isn't that funny); I didn't agree... and now of course I'm sure you are hearing the same about Bill Cosby???? I have heard the same about others.