Black People : How soon do you say "I love you" to Black people?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Asomfwaa, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    In general?

How about romantically?

I know most of us don't say that we love Black people in general--but I also know that Destee does.

But I think that romantics makes it harder to say "I love you" to anyone--plus, saying that to a Brother, as a Brother, might get me into a fight in the city where I am.

Or do you think not?

P.S. I love ya'll. :-p

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    awwwwww ... you're so precious ... :love: ... i love you ... :kiss:

In general ... it is very easy for me to say i love you to someone ... i grew up in a family with lots of love ... it was always very present ... said, shown, demonstrated, at every turn ... my Single Black Mother and all of her chiren, my siblings, had lots of love ... sometimes, it was all we had ... but we had that ... :love: ... so ... it's very easy for me to live in that space ... inside myself ... and then ... because it's in me ... it automatically comes out ... very easily ... in fact ... i think ... what comes out of us ... is only representative of what is in us ... kinda like ... we draw the kind of people to our own selves ... that we are ... of course there are always exceptions to the rules.

In romance ... it is even easier for me to say i love the person ... for i have had to already loved them (and no doubt said it), at the general level ... in order to dare to consider loving them at the higher, romantic level.

For me ... there are levels of everything i suppose ... levels of love ... and there is a level of love that i have for all of my people ... no matter what they are doing ... no matter what they think ... no matter how they act ... i love them ... want the best for them ... and can't imagine ever being any other way.

I Love You !!!! :kiss: :grouphug: :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    When you feel it, you should say it

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I do have Brothers though, and i don't guess they're just like me ... tell'n errry bodee they love 'em ... :lol:

Love You!

Destee

5. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I don't know, Destee.

I dated a woman who dropped the "Love" word on me at an awkward moment.

If I had more experience with women then, I would have known her game.

But like you, I genuinely love my people. But in a romantic situation, in loving Black people, I'm unsure if I should tell the woman I'm with that I love her. 'Cause I love her for being Black and for knowing her intimately. But "romantic love" is different from "Love?" Right? 'Cause if not, I don't know a single Brother or Sister that I don't love--and I don't see how to make the word meaningful to my romantic item.

Love,

6. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    But I always feel it with my people. Should I always say it? How do I then distinguish with romantic and general? Feel me?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Well ... i think as the love increases levels, then new stuff is added to it, that corresponds with the level.

For example ... when you say you love your Mother ... it doesn't mean the same as saying i love all Black People.

That's probably clear in most people's eyes.

Most would give / sacrifice more for their Mother, than their people ... as it should be ... for it is (in my opinion) one of the highest levels of love.

Likewise, romantic love comes with added benefit as well, reaching that level with someone.

You should be able to see the added benefit of receiving and giving at that level, different than a Mother level, and different than an all Black People level.

It's not going to be the same for everyone ... each of us decides what will and won't be at every level ... but they can be differentiated ... even if you're only doing it for yourself ... which is really all you have any control over anyway.

So ... to answer your question ... if she's your romantic love ... you saying you love her, with all the romantic stuff attached ... trust me ... she'll know ... it's a different, special, higher level of love ... :love:

And if she still don't get it ... just straight out tell her ... say hey, i'm love'n you on a higher level! ... :love:

Love You!

Destee

8. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    I agree, but you shouldn't say "I love you" to people you don't like black or otherwise.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Okay ... wait ... hold up ... you know her intimately ?? ... had sex ?? ... and you're surprised she's saying the love word?

See ... i'd have that you loved me in writing somewhere ... before you get any sex ... :)

Of course she's gonna think you love her, if you sex her ... isn't romance synonymous with love and intimacy and stuff ... ??!!

So ... you were just having sex ... and she was falling in love ... :lol: ... hahahahaha ... :lol:

See ... you gotta tell her up front ... i just want sex ... no love ... you kewl wit that?

:lol:

hahahahahahaha ... :lol:

i don't know what's up with me and summa my Sisters ... but if you get our stuff ... you better be in love at the highest levels ... :lol:

Destee

10. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    In my opinion if a man has sex with a woman, but doesn't love her he shouldn't say anything. He should be honest and say he only wanted her for a one night stand (or whatever he wants her for).

Saying "I love you" to a person you don't love only causes confusion for women.