Black Spirituality Religion : How Sholanda Kilt Her Husband

I've been hearing things too Bro. BlackBird. Hopefully our paleros could speak more on this topic. I already know they are here, but many feel unwelcome to share their knowledge on subjects like this one.

I'm not certain of the particular system Sholanda's story sprang out of. I do know her true story comes from a family of Geechies in Georgia that trace their ancestry back to Haiti. It could be a little of this and a little of that mixed in there.

Is it wrong to settling life issues with Voodoo?
That depends on who you ask right?

Definately looks Bakongo

Tatas (paleros) don't typically divulge much information to what is known as Aleyos ( the unitiated or non-priest) by Lukumi and Ifa practioners.

I would say most traditional priest, healers, shaman will tell you any force in nature can be appeased, for enriching or negating purposes.

When manipulating these forces (in this story, probably Mfumbe among others) to induce a manufactured outcome, the question becomes, is the petitioner and priest in alignment with what they agreed to do before incarnating on the physical plane.

Change your destiny, at what price?

Are we breaking any contracts we made with our creator?

I have a Nigerian friend I joke with all the time, insisting to him that I might decide to move to Nigeria. While he brags about Nigeria's economy- he constantly warns me about going. "If the Women want you- they will seek to get you!" He said. Naturally he says that because of his terrible experience. He broke a Nigerian Woman's heart so she decided to bury some of his items along with a loc of his hair in a cemetery. Don't get him started on that story, he'd scream about it until his eyes turn bloodshot red. And it happened about 7-8 years ago. He said it turned his life upside down, "I felt like a deadman walking." He said.

What eventually rid him of the spell, was a series of very expensive interventions of behalf of some very power African psychics that instructed him on what he had to do to clean himself off. He never told me what it was he had to do. I assumed it had to something horrible why he never mentioned it.

Bro. Sekhemu- great information and questions.
Even though I was raised up the the Shango Spiritual Baptist tradition, I didn't pay much attention to it. I was usually upset whenever someone was possessed by a spirit, no matter what area of the room they were in they would always some how make their way over to me, and fall on me. Even at five years old it's still embarrassing.

But to say I didn't pay attention to it means I wasn't conscious of how what was going on around me was being absorbed. I know a part of me is always angry that history calls my Ancestors Christians, just as the European religious census calls much of the Afro-Caribbean Christians, along with South America on up through the south. My mother tried to beat the Shango out of my because I was trying to set the house on fire.

Now to be uninitiated in anything of this magnitude is an unsettling thought.
Just for the mere fact that you are dealing with Spirits that require a certain level of attention. Certain rituals. Certain meals. Certain comforts. And I imagine we have so many broken contracts as African people, that perhaps even our Spirits that we no longer honor, have in a hand or had a hand in our enslavement.

Christianity is supposed to cure us of our African beliefs. Purge us of the sins of magick, conjuring, summoning and feeding the dead. Some will say, we are better off without those traditions. Even in Africa many converts are saying it. And I've asked Native Africans this question. "Has converting to Christianity allowed you a better system to control Europeans and Africa, or has it allowed Europeans a better system of controlling Africans?"

If Women and Men like Sholanda mastered their craft better, I don't see how any type of oppression or imperialism could be possible. I believe it does come down to the honoring of the dead, and respecting the "library." For the same reason it is about honoring our Elders, because they also have vast libraries of knowledge. At least the Asians have figured out that much.

I have a Nigerian friend I joke with all the time, insisting to him that I might decide to move to Nigeria. While he brags about Nigeria's economy- he constantly warns me about going. "If the Women want you- they will seek to get you!" He said. Naturally he says that because of his terrible experience. He broke a Nigerian Woman's heart so she decided to bury some of his items along with a loc of his hair in a cemetery. Don't get him started on that story, he'd scream about it until his eyes turn bloodshot red. And it happened about 7-8 years ago. He said it turned his life upside down, "I felt like a deadman walking." He said.

What eventually rid him of the spell, was a series of very expensive interventions of behalf of some very power African psychics that instructed him on what he had to do to clean himself off. He never told me what it was he had to do. I assumed it had to something horrible why he never mentioned it.

Bro. Sekhemu- great information and questions.
Even though I was raised up the the Shango Spiritual Baptist tradition, I didn't pay much attention to it. I was usually upset whenever someone was possessed by a spirit, no matter what area of the room they were in they would always some how make their way over to me, and fall on me. Even at five years old it's still embarrassing.

But to say I didn't pay attention to it means I wasn't conscious of how what was going on around me was being absorbed. I know a part of me is always angry that history calls my Ancestors Christians, just as the European religious census calls much of the Afro-Caribbean Christians, along with South America on up through the south. My mother tried to beat the Shango out of my because I was trying to set the house on fire.

Now to be uninitiated in anything of this magnitude is an unsettling thought.
Just for the mere fact that you are dealing with Spirits that require a certain level of attention. Certain rituals. Certain meals. Certain comforts. And I imagine we have so many broken contracts as African people, that perhaps even our Spirits that we no longer honor, have in a hand or had a hand in our enslavement.

Christianity is supposed to cure us of our African beliefs. Purge us of the sins of magick, conjuring, summoning and feeding the dead. Some will say, we are better off without those traditions. Even in Africa many converts are saying it. And I've asked Native Africans this question. "Has converting to Christianity allowed you a better system to control Europeans and Africa, or has it allowed Europeans a better system of controlling Africans?"

If Women and Men like Sholanda mastered their craft better, I don't see how any type of oppression or imperialism could be possible. I believe it does come down to the honoring of the dead, and respecting the "library." For the same reason it is about honoring our Elders, because they also have vast libraries of knowledge. At least the Asians have figured out that much.

Metasaience you did it this time. Let me tell you. I think there is nothing more powerful than a black woman. I have always felt this before knowing the more spiritual/esoteric aspects of this power. I come from a family of powerful women. I mean it's like men just get absorbed in and conform to what the agenda of our women's liking. But, I used to hear my grandma say, there's nothing worse than a silly woman. I never really knew what she meant by that. I was thinking silly as in 'funny.' But now, I think silly meant 'dangerous.'

Now, here's a question for anyone: Now considering this what Meta said

Many families shunned our traditional practices and even forbade each other from practicing because of fear of being 'caught' and then maybe beaten or killed. maybe worse. Therefore, much was lost. How do we get the knowledge back since some of us fall in the category with the people who were afraid to teach it to their children?
And how do we 'search' for it without disrupting something or someone and risk hurting ourselves?

Metasaience you did it this time. Let me tell you. I think there is nothing more powerful than a black woman. I have always felt this before knowing the more spiritual/esoteric aspects of this power. I come from a family of powerful women. I mean it's like men just get absorbed in and conform to what the agenda of our women's liking. But, I used to hear my grandma say, there's nothing worse than a silly woman. I never really knew what she meant by that. I was thinking silly as in 'funny.' But now, I think silly meant 'dangerous.'

Now, here's a question for anyone: Now considering this what Meta said

Many families shunned our traditional practices and even forbade each other from practicing because of fear of being 'caught' and then maybe beaten or killed. maybe worse. Therefore, much was lost. How do we get the knowledge back since some of us fall in the category with the people who were afraid to teach it to their children?
And how do we 'search' for it without disrupting something or someone and risk hurting ourselves?

The knowledge of our traditions never got lost. It went underground, but now it is resurfacing.

The first step to initiation into any spiritual system, is to get a Roots Reading, which tells you your ethnic background and the system you are suppose to initiate into.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back