Black People Politics : How Shall We Ensure Our Children's Future?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by chuck, May 9, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  2. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
  3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Do keep in mind the young folks who fall for the hype, i. e., the mere desegregation of this nation's private and public institutions made them the equals of whites and everybody else are the most complacent folk in the midst, are too easily led and misled...

Also contrast them with those who think for themselves --a few who are my advisors--as well as sometimes their criticisms are on point/on time...

More about the revelations via the article you've shared with as forthcoming...

FYI...

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Both the black defenders and detractors of our past and present state appointed public schools EFM's need to be more candid and honest about what is truly going on and down...

:thinking:

5. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    i dont see your point about being mislead about integration. The Black Power Movement occured; born from the analysis of Bright Black men and women in the Universities who did not accept the hype about integration or integrated schools, and The Black Panther "Party for Self Defense provided supplementary education in most major cities, to the children in the community and here in NYC the Uhuru Sasa was created in those years after inegration legislature, but in NYC there was a grassroots movement that worked to counter what was posted/ the corporatization of the schools. The community school boards were created by the activism and protests of Sonny Carson, Jitu Weusi, and Rev Galamason, that gave community, not corporate control of the schools

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I was a part of the Black Power movement, but it is the impact of the Civil Rights movement which characterizes why being a part of the system became most folks means and ways to their dreams and schemes...

I was and I am contrasting the two for the sake of getting our minds around why we can relate to some of our own people or not at all...

It works both ways...

FYI...

7. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    My apologies I am losing your point, here

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Most of today's young black folk know of not much about either the Civil Rights or Black Power Movements...

Why else is it too easy to mislead them, by the way of revisionist crap, be it movies like DJANGO or the upcoming GREAT GASBY?

Do place it within the context of that ole tale about a particular Pided Piper, only the piper intends to hold our children hostage, forever...

:SuN013:

9. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    My apologies I am losing your point, here, please recall if you will that the Afrocentric Movement was going viral from the 70s up until the self centering ideologies that hip hop created in the late 80s, at that point all Black movements stopped of any form for 30 years, and to be frank that is the reason for the question
    Will Black American Moms Be Celebrating It?

because before hip hop there was no music in the history of African American or even our African traditional music that focused on degrading Black women and abusing them as well as the abuse of the community. And that is why the youth have no knowledge of self

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Then I suggest you get a copy of RACISM AND THE CLASS STRUGGLE, whereas my late mentor, James Boggs, critiqued both movements, their strong and weak points, etc.

FYI...