Black Education / Schools : How our kids are discriminated against using the IQ test

On a personal note, I didn't raise my IQ until I started reading, and increasing my vocabulary. So I can vouch for what he's talking about.

Peace!

That makes sense. But, imo, reading and vocabulary fall under an even bigger umbrella. I believe the biggest contributor to success on the IQ tests that are used today is EXPOSURE. The more facets of culture one is exposed to, the higher their score would be on !Q tests. Literature, is a major vehicle of exposure, for sure.

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

Yes, another powerful message, they are using many weapons against us. The question is, why are we feared more than any other race?

Peace!

Don't get me started. This is one of my major pet peeves.

IMO, the reason AAs are more vilified than any other race, ethnic group, etc., is because we are the only group who have stood strong and fought against the status quo, and done so successfully, many times, consistently. While other groups just got along to get along.

We are the only minority who has marched on Washington in such numbers as we did in 1963 in a non-violent protest, though YT attacked us with dogs, billy clubs, tear gas etc. demanding civil rights, equality and justice.

We are the only minority group to successfully boycott Montgomery's Bus System.

We are the only minority group who refused to sit in the back of the bus.

We are especially the only minority group who broke in D.C. and stole the documents that belonged to COINTELPRO.

And, never forget, we are the only minority group that:

In May 1967, the Panthers invaded the State Assembly Chamber in Sacramento, guns in hand, in what appears to have been a publicity stunt. Still, they scared a lot of important people that day. At the time, the Panthers had almost no following. Now, (a year later) however, their leaders speak on invitation almost anywhere radicals gather, and many whites wear "Honkeys for Huey" buttons, supporting the fight to free Newton, who has been in jail since last Oct. 28 (1967) on the charge that he killed a policeman ...[53]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party
We are the only minority group that dared to police, the police, in Oakland. The BPP followed the police whenever they were dispatched to a call and they stood armed at the legal distance to make sure the police acted within the law.

We are the only minority group who policed our own neighborhoods and ran off would be drug dealers, that Berkeley and Oakland, did not have the heroin epidemic that other parts of the country did.

I'm sure you can think of more instances, when we put our lives on the line.

The reason this upsets me is because we have been on the front line, fighting for equality, justice, affirmative action, and programs that would garner us a level playing field, from day one.

But, where were the Latinos, the Asian, the Arabs, the white women etc., when we rallied amongst canine forces and militarized police? They were snuggly seated in their homes in front of their TVs. They never lifted a finger toward Civil Rights. They did nothing. It was more important to them to stay in good graces with YT.

But, after we fought those fights, we were demonized, even by the very folks who benefitted by them the most, namely white women, and all the other minorities.

They moved to the front of the line for government programs to start up small business loans for minorities etc. We fought for those programs, but they benefitted more by a long shot. White women were granted more affirmative action slots than any other group.

*give me a break*

So, when people talk about us uniting forces with other minorities, it flies right over my head. When have they ever fought for us?

Now, you have Arab Muslims all of a sudden trying to ride on our coattails, saying that they are like us, they are suffering from police brutality, too. They want us to fight for their rights. But, where were they before now?

Now, we have LGBT people trying to get in on the victories we fought for alone. Where have they been all this time?

And, I take insult when they try to compare their issues to ours. Because last time I checked, LGBT people can either dress it up or dress it down when they go to job interviews, etc., that is a luxury AAs don't have. So, no, their plight is not the same as ours.

And, the Asian/White lovefest is just about to come to an end.. I hope they aren't looking to us for support, cuz I don't remember May Ling or Tran Lu fighting off the canine units and billy clubs that got them where they are today.

*whew*

Sorry for the rant. But, I did warn you....LOL

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

They are making light of this, but the message is real.

Dang, I know I ain't knowed it like dat. :eek: I remember watching as a child, but don't remember this at all.

Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, another powerful message, they are using many weapons against us. The question is, why are we feared more than any other race?

Peace!

I read Part 1 of this book. And, I am not one to latch on to over-complicated out on a limb, conspiracy theories.. But, I found the statistics laid out provocative and visibly obvious. That AA boys competed toe to toe with white boys through 3rd grade, and then something happens, AA boys started falling into a spiral going down, and down. My son was in first grade when I read it. So, I was watching closely as he approached 3rd grade. And, there were a lot of different things that happened in 3rd grade, that hadn't happened before. I made myself more engaged to help him make it over that hump. He had a classmate that was also "Gifted and Talented, Honor Class, and NIgerian/"Creole"" in a predominantly white school, that 3rd grade kind of did him in. I shared the book with his Mother. We were friends, and the book resonated with her experience too. Thankfully, she and her husband did not give up. He is going to Med School next year. (Reminds me, I want my book back...LOL)

Maybe I missed something crucial in the book. I got it that there was something occurring in our kids after 3rd grade, but in Part 1, I never found out what it was. I have my own theories. But, I don't know what Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu thought the reasons were.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back