Black People Politics : How Obama Got Elected

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by thePreacher, Jun 28, 2013.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I concluded a while ago that the typical person who supports Obama does so, not because of what he is doing, or has done, but because of who they want to believe he is. This allows his supporters to ignore all the readily available evidence that he is just as much of a fascist as his predecessor. Even worse, you can't discuss rationally with these people because their position is not based on rational thought [the same problem I have with discussing religion with Christians].

I ran across this video and I had to pass it on because it so accurately reflects my own experiences when I have tried to ascertain why Obama's supporters support him. Some things to note as you watch this video:

• Many of the background scenes indicate these interviews were taken of people at polling places.
    • The people interviewed are both white and black, proving that the political naivete I have personally witnessed when talking to Black Obama supporters is not just a Black thing.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Thanks for sharing, thePreacher, btw ... I like your new screen name and your desire to support the Site. After listening and watching the video, it shows me that folk here at Destee.com are way more informed than the average joe on the street. One thing that can't be denied, they knew that McCain and Palin would have been a disaster. Also, the last speaker had some profound and choice words, paraphrasing: I may be uninformed, but not wavering in my support for Mr. Obama.

Could you share what a McCain and Palin administration would have been about? Or where we'd be now if they had been voted into office?

Peace In,