Health and Wellness : How Much Water Did You Drink Yesterday

OmowaleX said:
I still drink the Vitamin water, Fiji, and sometimes even mineral water (Pelligrino).

The last few days I have been drinking more water---vitamin and Ozarka (spring)...along with low-fat milk...to detox....and I have lost 6 pounds with alot more to go.

Now excuse me while I have a Mountain Dew....lol!

OmowaleX said:
Now excuse me while I have a Mountain Dew....lol!

LOL!

I am so glad to hear that information right there. I have a very, very small body. I weight between 150-155. I have never touched 160, and have always been on average 152 for the past 7 years. During my childhood, I always did some type of exercise. Now I am older, and I find myself doing more walking than I could imagine. I am on Purdue University's campus, and walk around half the campus once a day. Not only that, but then I walk to and from labs, dining halls, dorms, non-stop. To say the least, even when I "over-eat," I never rarely gain weight. I have always thought it was a heavy amount of walking I did day after day.

As for the water, I am trying to find Glass water. Down in JAX, FL (during the College semester), they have stores that sell Artesian Water from Norway, and it comes in glass. When I do not have that, I drink Fiji, which I think is a good choice. As a matter of fact, I will start getting Fiji more often (I love the taste).

I did find it strange that a person like me with my weight, BMI and size needs 8-10 glasses. To be honest, I average 3-5, and do just fine throughout the day. When walking, I only use about 32 ounces worth of the water I consume.

Oh, and I will not dare close this post without mentioning my fiber intake. I have not gone a day without at minimum 50g of Dietary Fiber. I read where back in the Mother-land, our People consume up to 70g a day. I get my fiber from Oatmeal (Organic), Sunflower seeds, kidney beans, black beans, bananas, and, oh yes, those Pecans, Brazil Nuts and Almonds. As a matter of fact, I am looking at taking in 70g today! Does a great job getting me through the day. It is when I "lose control" that I begin harming my body. I am having a hard time avoiding cheese, goldfish, fish period; the Moroccan place on campus is closed down temporarily, so I am missing my Couscous...dang!

Yeah, anyhow, I am fair getting through the day with 3-5 cups.

MK

KWABENA said:
LOL!

I am so glad to hear that information right there. I have a very, very small body. I weight between 150-155. I have never touched 160, and have always been on average 152 for the past 7 years. During my childhood, I always did some type of exercise. Now I am older, and I find myself doing more walking than I could imagine. I am on Purdue University's campus, and walk around half the campus once a day. Not only that, but then I walk to and from labs, dining halls, dorms, non-stop. To say the least, even when I "over-eat," I never rarely gain weight. I have always thought it was a heavy amount of walking I did day after day.

As for the water, I am trying to find Glass water. Down in JAX, FL (during the College semester), they have stores that sell Artesian Water from Norway, and it comes in glass. When I do not have that, I drink Fiji, which I think is a good choice. As a matter of fact, I will start getting Fiji more often (I love the taste).

I did find it strange that a person like me with my weight, BMI and size needs 8-10 glasses. To be honest, I average 3-5, and do just fine throughout the day. When walking, I only use about 32 ounces worth of the water I consume.

Oh, and I will not dare close this post without mentioning my fiber intake. I have not gone a day without at minimum 50g of Dietary Fiber. I read where back in the Mother-land, our People consume up to 70g a day. I get my fiber from Oatmeal (Organic), Sunflower seeds, kidney beans, black beans, bananas, and, oh yes, those Pecans, Brazil Nuts and Almonds. As a matter of fact, I am looking at taking in 70g today! Does a great job getting me through the day. It is when I "lose control" that I begin harming my body. I am having a hard time avoiding cheese, goldfish, fish period; the Moroccan place on campus is closed down temporarily, so I am missing my Couscous...dang!

Yeah, anyhow, I am fair getting through the day with 3-5 cups.

MK

Good points. Cheese is supposed to help speed metabolism but Im presently restricting intake. Seem to lose weight quicker by eliminating it. Brother Kwabena, I am just the opposite. My present weight is around 256. And Im just under 6'0".

I KNOW what I need to do, especially being diabetic, but at times I simply get tired of fighting "genetics".

I KNOW I need to ELIMINATE ALL MEAT.

I KNOW I need to Drink more non-Sodium beverages. See, some manufacured water products contain Sodium which can elevate blood pressure. So, the more Water you drink containing SODIUM, guess what? Youre ELEVATING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

Lately, I have been working a lot of overtime and got food wasting in my refrigerator. I have cut down on shopping but hours are so crazy I am not taking time to prepare meals. Which means, MORE salads, MORE fresh fruit, and more TRAIL MIX (Speaking of pecans, Brazils and Almonds!).

I also have been drinking MORE Glaceau Vitamin water instead of soda and I am at the point where it helps me get through work without eating or drinking anything else, while working straight 8+ hours ON MY FEET.

As a diabetic, my FEET are a major concern. I have one uncle who has lost both to amputation. Another can hardly walk when he comes to visit me. Neither drink much water but the family ALE (i.e Budwiser) always comes first!

I occasionally drink ALE (beer) but it sits in the fridge more than anything.

ALE was a favorite drink of the "Gods" in ancient KMT, so its reserves for "occasion".

That water in glass bottles is something I need to look into. Only thing I know of is a mexican product, but its mineral, not spring.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back