Health and Wellness : How Much Water Did You Drink Yesterday

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Destee, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I don't drink nearly enough water, but i'm making a vow to do better.

I know we are suppose to drink lots of water ... like 64 ounces a day ... ??

For me, yesterday was like 24 ounces ... but tomorrow i will report a bigger number!

So i'm wondering, am i the only one not drinking enough water daily?

I think it might help, if we keep tabs on each other ... encourage each other ... :)

How much water did you drink yesterday?

:heart:

Destee

2. TreasureEyes

TreasureEyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Though I can't stand water, I force myself to drink at least 3-4 glasses of water a day. Water not only purifies and cleanses our body of toxins and other things, but our body NEEDS it and will let you know that it needs it. I remember when I was a kid water was free ... I'm a "Milk" natural kind of girl. Luvs me some ice cold milk.:SuN030:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    What I am not understanding is what kind of water to drink? We need 64+ ounces a day, but with what kind of Water...tap, purified, spring, artesian,...I would like to know which is best.

MK

4. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I dont drink enough but am trying to do better. I dont suggest 64 ounces for everyone. It depends on body type and BMI index. The more lean tissue the less water you need to drink. The more fat tissue, the more water you need to drink, while consuming less soda, caffeine-beverages, and other types of beverages high in sodium. You also need to exercise more (walking) to burn fat tissue. Also, if you eat meat, you need to eat more fiber while drinking more water, enough to "flush" the toxins and parasites so that you perform at least TWO bowel movements per day. Not one, but TWO DAILY.

If you can not perform TWO DAILY its simple. You need to drink MORE WATER.

Peace!

5. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I still drink the Vitamin water, Fiji, and sometimes even mineral water (Pelligrino).

The last few days I have been drinking more water---vitamin and Ozarka (spring)...along with low-fat milk...to detox....and I have lost 6 pounds with alot more to go.

6. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Now excuse me while I have a Mountain Dew....lol!

7. MarchoftheLions

MarchoftheLions Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I honestly drink water almost exclusively throughout the day, with the exception of green tea with my meals.

Although, I am guilty of of sometimes drinking a coke if I eat out.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    LOL!

I am so glad to hear that information right there. I have a very, very small body. I weight between 150-155. I have never touched 160, and have always been on average 152 for the past 7 years. During my childhood, I always did some type of exercise. Now I am older, and I find myself doing more walking than I could imagine. I am on Purdue University's campus, and walk around half the campus once a day. Not only that, but then I walk to and from labs, dining halls, dorms, non-stop. To say the least, even when I "over-eat," I never rarely gain weight. I have always thought it was a heavy amount of walking I did day after day.

As for the water, I am trying to find Glass water. Down in JAX, FL (during the College semester), they have stores that sell Artesian Water from Norway, and it comes in glass. When I do not have that, I drink Fiji, which I think is a good choice. As a matter of fact, I will start getting Fiji more often (I love the taste).

I did find it strange that a person like me with my weight, BMI and size needs 8-10 glasses. To be honest, I average 3-5, and do just fine throughout the day. When walking, I only use about 32 ounces worth of the water I consume.

Oh, and I will not dare close this post without mentioning my fiber intake. I have not gone a day without at minimum 50g of Dietary Fiber. I read where back in the Mother-land, our People consume up to 70g a day. I get my fiber from Oatmeal (Organic), Sunflower seeds, kidney beans, black beans, bananas, and, oh yes, those Pecans, Brazil Nuts and Almonds. As a matter of fact, I am looking at taking in 70g today! Does a great job getting me through the day. It is when I "lose control" that I begin harming my body. I am having a hard time avoiding cheese, goldfish, fish period; the Moroccan place on campus is closed down temporarily, so I am missing my Couscous...dang!

Yeah, anyhow, I am fair getting through the day with 3-5 cups.

MK

9. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Yesterday I drank about 32 oz. of water, and the rest was Frost Gatorade... about 64 oz.

10. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Good points. Cheese is supposed to help speed metabolism but Im presently restricting intake. Seem to lose weight quicker by eliminating it. Brother Kwabena, I am just the opposite. My present weight is around 256. And Im just under 6'0".

I KNOW what I need to do, especially being diabetic, but at times I simply get tired of fighting "genetics".

I KNOW I need to ELIMINATE ALL MEAT.

I KNOW I need to Drink more non-Sodium beverages. See, some manufacured water products contain Sodium which can elevate blood pressure. So, the more Water you drink containing SODIUM, guess what? Youre ELEVATING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

Lately, I have been working a lot of overtime and got food wasting in my refrigerator. I have cut down on shopping but hours are so crazy I am not taking time to prepare meals. Which means, MORE salads, MORE fresh fruit, and more TRAIL MIX (Speaking of pecans, Brazils and Almonds!).

I also have been drinking MORE Glaceau Vitamin water instead of soda and I am at the point where it helps me get through work without eating or drinking anything else, while working straight 8+ hours ON MY FEET.

As a diabetic, my FEET are a major concern. I have one uncle who has lost both to amputation. Another can hardly walk when he comes to visit me. Neither drink much water but the family ALE (i.e Budwiser) always comes first!

I occasionally drink ALE (beer) but it sits in the fridge more than anything.

ALE was a favorite drink of the "Gods" in ancient KMT, so its reserves for "occasion".

That water in glass bottles is something I need to look into. Only thing I know of is a mexican product, but its mineral, not spring.