Black People : How much do you know about your family's ancestors?

Ifa was consulted by 2 good friends who were also farmers. Ifa prescribed ebo (sacrifice) to be done by them in order to maintain their friendship. They rebuffed the advice of Ifa because they were really good friends and could never see anything breaking their friendship up. Years passed, they maintained their farms side by side each other. Their children married and gave them mutual grandchildren. One day, a man walked down the road that split their two farms. Both farmers on either side of the man looked up and the man said "Hi". The farmers replied "Hello" back. One farmer said "Did you see the man in black clothes and red hat pass by?" The other farmer said "No, I didn't see him but did you see the man in red clothes and black hat?" "No" said the first farmer. Before long their conversation became a disagreement and that led to an argument and then resentment.

I'm following this, but you lost me with:

"One farmer said "Did you see the man in black clothes and red hat pass by?" The other farmer said "No, I didn't see him but did you see the man in red clothes and black hat?"

Which did the man have, red clothes or a red hat? Unless one or the other farmer was colorblind,
the man had black clothes or a black hat, but not either/or ... Blackbird.

I'm following this, but you lost me with:

"One farmer said "Did you see the man in black clothes and red hat pass by?" The other farmer said "No, I didn't see him but did you see the man in red clothes and black hat?"

Which did the man have, red clothes or a red hat? Unless one or the other farmer was colorblind,
the man had black clothes or a black hat, but not either or, Blackbird?

My bad. He had both. He was Esu (Elegua), my dad.

My bad. He had both. He was Esu (Elegua), my dad.

So as to remove any mystery here and to be on one accord, are you saying the guy had on a black hat and a red hat, he had on black clothes and red clothes?

If that's the case, the farmers were tricked into disagreement and resentment.

So as to remove any mystery here and to be on one accord, are you saying the guy had on a black hat and a red hat, he had on black clothes and red clothes?

If that's the case, the farmers were tricked into disagreement and resentment.

Absolutely and they were. Esu is a trickster. His children are pretty apt at doing the same - as far as causing chaos and dissension, I do a pretty good job when I want to. However, it is about perspective or what the eyes see.

Then they were not tricked because regardless of what the guy had on, their conversation should not have become so intense to cause a broken friendship. Esu was just the impetus; it was their own egos, willingness to be right, confidence in their truth and lack of vigilance to maintaining friendship that were the downfall. Esu is just the divine messenger. In essence, it were the qualities within that were not conducive to friendship and unity that tricked them.

I saw both perspectives in the "confusion" about the OP's relationship to the author. I always attempt to see both sides - recognizing the truth in each based on perspective. Not saying you don't, but I told the story to soften the conversation that was being had hence it wasn't directed at any one and off topic.

As a son of Esu, I love to create chaos and dissension but I love to facilitate peace, healing and reconciliation. One love all lest my inappropriate and not so healthy other side shows up.

Absolutely and they were. Esu is a trickster. His children are pretty apt at doing the same - as far as causing chaos and dissension, I do a pretty good job when I want to. However, it is about perspective or what the eyes see. I saw both perspectives in the "confusion" about the OP's relationship to the author. I always attempt to see both sides - recognizing the truth in each based on perspective. Not saying you don't, but I told the story to soften the conversation that was being had hence it wasn't directed at any one and off topic.

As a son of Esu, I love to create chaos and dissension but I love to facilitate peace, healing and reconciliation. One love all lest my inappropriate and not so healthy other side shows up.

First, where's my A grade for passing this test, lol.

But here's how we keep that other side from showing up Blackbird. Rather than see both arguments, which one is more valid? Using the example you gave, it's the either/or, not the both/and.

Either Clyde implied something or Clyde made a definitive statement, butterfly#1 choose the latter; while Destee choose the former. The
former at least considers, to a degree, the wiggle room I gave myself; whereas the latter rules out anything implied, completely and ignores the wiggle room.

So we are left with decisions, decisions, decisions. Again, I say call a thing a thing and let it run its course, its as simple as that ... Time heals all wounds.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back