Computers - Software Hardware : How Much Do You Know About Your Computer

How Much Do You Know About Your Computer?

• 1 - i know nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 -

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 3 -

• 4 -

• 5 -

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 6 -

• 7 -

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8 -

• 9 -

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 10 - i know everything

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 knowing nothing, and 10 knowing everything ...

how much do you know about your computer?

I think i'm about a 5 ... i've been inside of it ... can add some basic things ... know the difference between hardware and software, but couldn't build a computer from scratch.

How about you ... where on the scale does your knowledge of computers fall?

Please vote in the poll above.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

For the machine I'm on, I'd say about a 7. It's a little homegrown Sempron 140 with 2GB of RAM using onboard video, audio, and lan. It's currently still running Arch Linux which taught me a bit about the configuration of a modern Linux distro, but I could use a bit of a deeper dive. I guess I'll have to complete Linux From Scratch and the rest of APUE to really get a good feel for things.

I answered 5,because beyond the general hardware and software,I have no clue .For example,I don't don't how many stages my CUP has to give me the clock speed I have, or how they will handle overclocking. I've seen some clocks locked. Maybe because as processors get faster as engineers pack more hardware onto each chip,clock speed seems less important for system performance.

Peace!

Peace and Blessings Family,

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 knowing nothing, and 10 knowing everything ...

how much do you know about your computer?

I think i'm about a 5 ... i've been inside of it ... can add some basic things ... know the difference between hardware and software, but couldn't build a computer from scratch.

How about you ... where on the scale does your knowledge of computers fall?

Please vote in the poll above.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

I know you should NEVER put ALL YOUR TRUST in one.

I know you should NEVER put ALL YOUR TRUST in one.

I'm just being the devil's advocate..But don't we at times put all of our trust in computers.When we get on this site we fully trust that we are getting on a pro black site owned and ran by a sista. We don't think twice this could be ran from Kelispel Idaho,or some home in Germany where the person is some throwback from the days of Hitler.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back