Black People : How Much Do Black Lives Matter To Us?

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Black Lives Matter are the words of a movement..Poignant and profound words resounding across America and social media.. Words that are embraced by many and chanted in unison at the rallies and marches in cities across America that symbolize the overwhelming discontent towards the racist establishment, injustice, imbalanced and prejudicial society we live in but most of all law enforcement and the judicial system that fails to hold these wanton murderers accountable. We can very easily say Black Lives Matter but what are we hoping to change by it and what are we willing to sacrifice to bring about that change..So I want to pose a few questions...Just for an overall consensus..
Are we going to shoot down Law Enforcement and sacrifice our lives and those of our loved ones (a bit extreme) for Black Lives to Matter ?
Are we willing to engage in combat with law enforcement and risk physical injuries in order to hold our ground when we protest for Black Lives to Matter?
Are we willing to participate in a national boycott or work stoppage (which would bring this country to a screeching halt) for Black Lives to Matter?
I ask this because the current model does not yield results and in that light I feel that the measures or strategies that one engages in with the enemy today must change in order to yield results..
What is the extreme that you are willing to go to for Black Lives to Matter and what do you feel is more doable and would yield the best results?

Last edited:
Black Lives Matter are the words of a movement..Poignant and profound words resounding across America and social media.. Words that are embraced by many and chanted in unison at the rallies and marches in cities across America that symbolize the overwhelming discontent towards the racist establishment, injustice, imbalanced and prejudicial society we live in but most of all law enforcement and the judicial system that fails to hold these wanton murderers accountable. We can very easily say Black Lives Matter but what are we hoping to change by it and what are we willing to sacrifice to bring about that change..So I want to pose a few questions...Just for an overall consensus..
Are we going to shoot down Law Enforcement and sacrifice our lives and those of our loved ones (a bit extreme) for Black Lives Matter?
Are we willing to engage in combat with law enforcement and risk physical injuries in order to hold our ground when we protest for Black Lives Matter?
Are we willing to participate in a national boycott or work stoppage (which would bring this country to a screeching halt) for Black Lives Matter?
I ask this because the current model does not yield results and in that light I feel that the measures or strategies that one engages in with the enemy today must change in order to yield results..
What is the extreme that you are willing to go to for Black Lives Matter and what do you feel is more doable and would yield the best results?

I agree with Jamesfrmphilly as long as black people have the choice to decide independently of one another, we will never get behind a movement like BLM in a way you are suggesting.

Ken

those actions require a level of organization that we just don't have......
Brother James, you are absolutely correct. Not only is it a level of organization, it is also a level of desire, commitment, respect and sacrifice that is absent from most of the AA/Black populace... You and I come from a different time man where we knew what suffrage was like and understood the urgency and need for organization and sacrifice.. We lived through the sixties and seventies where we had to fight for everything man. We turned a black struggle into a black mission and we weren't settling for nothing..We had much less and we did much more and what was necessary to make our voices heard and our presence known. I am where I am today because of that spirit, respect and pride of blackness that I was introduced to... I know you remember that time brother of Black solidarity and respect and how we embraced each other and celebrated our Blackness. You couldn't walk down the street or go anywhere without giving recognition (greetings) to our brothers and sisters out on the streets..We, for the most part loved, respected and protected one another back then....We still had our hard heads and nay-sayers and detractors and saboteurs but it didn't stop us.
Folks today don't have that same spirit and fight in them and don't understand that they have to be willing to give up something in order to get something. I don't know if they really understand what is at stake here. We have been going in reverse for far too long and it is time to switch gears. If not now, then when.. The signs are there and if folks don't respond accordingly it's going to be a long long time of suffrage... Maybe that's what is needed.....The lack of response to this post is an indicator of that..

I agree with Jamesfrmphilly as long as black people have the choice to decide independently of one another, we will never get behind a movement like BLM in a way you are suggesting.

Ken
I was referring to black lives matter (populace)as a whole brother not just the organization..I wanted to change the title but couldn't edit it...But your comment does have some merit.. Indeed..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back