Black History : How much did our ANCESTORS value you being EDUCATED?

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Do you want to UNDERSTAND?

That our ANCESTORS really cared for us and did put maybe their LIFE SAVINGS stuffed in EVERY ODD PLACE where RUTHLESS WHITE is trying to CAPITALIZE ON into making SURE we as a COMMUNITY (today we CHOSE NOT to KNOW the COMMUNITY due to UNREASONABLE FEARS and NATION HABITS that DO HAPPEN when you LIVE in a NATION anywhere even if its in AFRICA...(ANCIENT EGYPTIANS are an EXAMPLE)) bring some GOOD into their WORLD and the WORLD that BECKONS...

Since we are into the DOLLAR ERA let me introduce some CENTS into the MATTER...

The MEDIA is currently spotlight SEGREGATION-ERA schools funded by Julius Rosenwald who with the prompting and partnering of BOOKER T. WASHINGTON aided in the CREATION of 'Rosenwald' schools throughout the SOUTH.

So what? You might say...

Well lets visit the WEBSITE of ROSENWALD SCHOOLS to FIND more ANSWERS....

Well SO MUCH to CHOSE FROM THERE...

Let me PUT A DIRECT LINK to WHAT I AM COMING ACROSS

Its from the STATE of SOUTH CAROLINA...I would assume it is a GOOD REPRESENTATION of the WHOLE SOUTH during the TIME of SEGREGATION in the NATION...

South Carolina’s Rosenwald School Buildings Database

If you click the COUNTY LINKS on the MAP you can see how much ROSENWALD put down and HOW MUCH A WHITE CITIZENRY put down,
HOW MUCH A NEGRO CITIZENRY put down, HOW MUCH the PUBLIC PUT DOWN.

As you can see those NUMBERS tell a GREAT STORY...

BEING a SHARE CROPPER in the SOUTH during that TIME you had VERY LITTLE MONEY to START WITH...YOU WERE SADDLE with DEBT UNJUSTLY...

PLUS it DEMONSTRATE that our ANCESTORS were more than AVERAGE in the NATION...LOOK AT THE NUMBERS to SEE WHAT I AM SAYING

I give thanks to our ancestors for SUCH, A GREAT LESSON about COMMUNITY, even though TODAY we are in a DIFFERENT SITUATION than anything we ENCOUNTERED in the PAST.

The question you ask us...are we READY just like THEM?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back