How many ?

When someone is dating/marrying interracially they're not seeing that person as an 'oppressor'. Whites are still human individuals, despite how ******-up and racist their general culture can be.

Going back to the question... I myself would not have that type of talk with my son, because I'm not against IR dating. How could I be when he resulted from his parents Black/Asian union?

However, I am against those that date/marry other races because they think that race is inherently better, and/or they have no racial self-esteem. This I would address in some form or fashion. I would not, however, say, don't bring a white girl in my house. My foremost concern is that my son finds a GOOD WOMAN. I would prefer that she was at least of color, because she would be more understanding of him... especially if the race was black or Asian, or a biracial mixed with black. But if he finds someone white, as long as he isn't exhibiting feelings of self-hate, I would accept it.

karmashines said:
When someone is dating/marrying interracially they're not seeing that person as an 'oppressor'. Whites are still human individuals, despite how ******-up and racist their general culture can be.

Going back to the question... I myself would not have that type of talk with my son, because I'm not against IR dating. How could I be when he resulted from his parents Black/Asian union?

However, I am against those that date/marry other races because they think that race is inherently better, and/or they have no racial self-esteem. This I would address in some form or fashion. I would not, however, say, don't bring a white girl in my house. My foremost concern is that my son finds a GOOD WOMAN. I would prefer that she was at least of color, because she would be more understanding of him... especially if the race was black or Asian, or a biracial mixed with black. But if he finds someone white, as long as he isn't exhibiting feelings of self-hate, I would accept it.

Ok sister..I understand your views :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back