How many ?

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Nisa, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    How many of you have told your offspring not to bring a white man/woman home..had that talk with them.I just had to ask this because of the many interracial couples I see..I mean how could you love and reproduce with the oppressor..

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    When someone is dating/marrying interracially they're not seeing that person as an 'oppressor'. Whites are still human individuals, despite how ******-up and racist their general culture can be.

Going back to the question... I myself would not have that type of talk with my son, because I'm not against IR dating. How could I be when he resulted from his parents Black/Asian union?

However, I am against those that date/marry other races because they think that race is inherently better, and/or they have no racial self-esteem. This I would address in some form or fashion. I would not, however, say, don't bring a white girl in my house. My foremost concern is that my son finds a GOOD WOMAN. I would prefer that she was at least of color, because she would be more understanding of him... especially if the race was black or Asian, or a biracial mixed with black. But if he finds someone white, as long as he isn't exhibiting feelings of self-hate, I would accept it.

4. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Ok sister..I understand your views :)

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Cool. :coffee:

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Hmmm...

There is a thread much like this one in the BLAK PARENTING FORUM that was started not too far back...

ADVISING AGAINST WHITE WOMEN?

In there I voiced my own 2 cents regarding this topic...

and though I dont have children

I already know where I stand...and I voiced it HERE

:read:

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I tend to agree with Karma. There is no good way of telling a child to look pass a particular race. I will tell my kids what's up with the world as a whole and hope they make the right decisions based on their intellegence. I don't want my kids to live through me. I want them to see things the way they see them, not the way I tell them to see them. I would hope they don't bring a white person home, just from my personal views of white people as a whole, but I am not against interracial dating. I have no problem with hispanic, asian or any other types of people other than white people. As long as they are dating that person for the right reasons, then we're cool. Also, as long as I never hear anything negative out of that person's mouth regarding black people I will keep it to myself. If the person is genuine, how can you have a problem with it?

8. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

That is utterly ridiculous..either you dont want them to bring a white person home or you don't you cant be inbetween..tsk..imma hush now..cuz imma get out of hand.

9. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Warning this is going to be controversial!

Thanks for sharing this topic.

10. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    You cant be pro black and accept black/white marriages..thats ridiculous..pick what you want to be ..and stick with your guns. THATS MY BIG FAT OPINION.