Black People : How Many of You Knew?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Fine1952, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Dr. Martin (Michael) Luther King, Jr. was a republican?

http://www.meckgop.com/news.php?id=231

It pays to listen to Bev Smith-the Queen of Nighttime Talk..!

If you are not a republican, would you change your political party now that you know?

2. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Why?

Present day Republikkkans are pre-FDR Democrats. I thought most of us knew this.

When FDR signed the "New Deal" most Democrats of that era switched over to the Republikkkan party. That transformation was cemented some thirty years later when Lyndon Johnson's (a Democrat) pro-civil rights initiatives desegregated much of the south. Racist, bedsheet wearing, cross burning southern dixiecrats then flooded the Republikkkan Party we see today.

Racist must feel comfortable in the Republikkkan party.

But in all honesty I really don't see the Democratic party doing much better than the Republikkkans.

However, knowing what is to be a fact, why would any Black man or woman of *reason* wan't to join the fascist Republikkkan party?

3. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    There's not a shred of evidence that MLK was a Republican. I don't think he ever made a statement concerning which one of the white racist political parties he preferred, because if he did there would have been a direct quote from him in that propaganda piece. If you study history and follow current events long enough you will find black conservative republicans to be among the most prolific liars in the history of the human race.

When trying to convince black people to vote for the in your face white racists of the republican party, all these negroes can do is talk about what happened in the 1800's and the early part of the 20th century. It is well known that back then the overwhelming majority of black people WERE republicans. Now they're democrats, and the question is WHY THE SWITCH? What they inevitably fail to mention is that today's republican party is an entirely different animal from the republican party of the time they refer to. Have you noticed how they don't talk about what TODAY's republican party is doing for black people, such as their campaign in 2004 to purge huge numbers of black voters from the voter registration rolls? Listen to the interview of the investigative reporter who broke the story here: http://gregpalast.com/armedmadhouse/palastDN6-14-06.mp3

What the republicans did to black people in 2000 in Florida is well publicized. The negro conservatives conveniently "forgot" to mention the republican disenfranchisement of black voters in modern times. Then again, it they did it would make their campaign of lies and distortion about how pro-black the republican party is a lot more difficult to swallow.

On a somewhat different note, the major difference between white republicans and white democrats is that white democrats do a better job of hiding their contempt for black people than white republicans do.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    i never knew MLK to align himself with any political party.
    i do know that the lies these people put out tell a lot more about them than they do about anybody else.

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I knew this....That's part of the reason that I have never fully endorsed King's ideology.

PEACE

6. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Being a Republican or Democrat is of no revelance to the Black Man/Woman. His turn the other the cheek, can I sit at your (the white man's) table, please accept us as your equal ideology is equally is as pointless, regardless of which of the European's major politicial parties he aligns himself.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I haven't heard this but if so ....he still was a man on a mission and a dream

8. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Truthfully...

neither party benefits black people--past or present

When will we "collectively" bring to fruition and come to the knowledge -- that it is economic power which rules this captialist/fascist regime?

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    how many of you knew...

because of his[can i sit at your table]ideology,we are able to sit here today discussing it,regardless of what one may think of dr.king he was a brave man who cared for his people,this is a man who marched at the head of the line,not one of those[so-called]leaders of today who stand behind fifty bodyguards and a bulletproof shield,a man who was stabbed,had his house bombed,had numerous threats but still he marched on,i often wonder how many of us would have done the same?

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Is this the same man that was a member of the Boule'? Just checking.