Black Spirituality Religion : How many of our people are in this mind state?

GeorgeM

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 10, 2008
Texas
the following paragraph is how a sister on another board feels about life in general:

"nah, just don't believe in master plans. There is no point to life. We're just here and then we die. I mean, things make a difference while we're here, but then that's it. Our energy gets transferred to something when we die and its over. Eventually we'll go back into an ice age or something (when mother earth gets tired of us) and that will be it..................either than or we'll follow white people to Space when they figure out how to live on other planets after tearing this one up. "

another sista who happens to be a devout christian read this and only replied "wow" with a sad face emoticon to which the original sista then replied this way:

"It really doesn't sadden me to think that. I've teetered on that belief for about a decade and finally decided there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Upon my death my energy will just go to something else since it can't be destroyed. No heaven, no hell, just end. What's so bad about that? When you don't fear death you don't need religion.

Edit: Also, if you've got control of yourself, and don't need the threat of hell to control you from doing evil, you don't need it. Self-control and inner strength is all you need."

my initial reaction was to respond to this and then I thought "why bother?"....this sista I have paid close attention to for a few years and know for a fact she is still searching for a dogma or belief system that actually makes sense....I also know she "needs" something to believe in that is not going to throw a monkey wrench into her alternative lifestyle (she is a lesbian who is actually married to another woman) yet validate what she does at the same time....

brilliant minds of destee what are yalls opinion on this? what if a percentage of our people actually think like this?

humbly awaits yalls answers....

CHAOS

YES

EVERYTHING, THE PLANET, THE MULTI/UNIVERSE ALL NEED TO BE DESTROYED.
ALOT OF PEOPLE SCREAM PEACE AND ALL THAT JAZZ, BUT THE ONLY SUPREME PEACE IS WHEN YOU AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU IS BACK INTO CHAOS.

Again your response reminds me of that movie "Event Horizon".....chaos = original, undifferentiated, unconditioned state of being...yes?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back