Black Spirituality Religion : How many of our people are in this mind state?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by GeorgeM, Jun 17, 2008.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    the following paragraph is how a sister on another board feels about life in general:

"nah, just don't believe in master plans. There is no point to life. We're just here and then we die. I mean, things make a difference while we're here, but then that's it. Our energy gets transferred to something when we die and its over. Eventually we'll go back into an ice age or something (when mother earth gets tired of us) and that will be it..................either than or we'll follow white people to Space when they figure out how to live on other planets after tearing this one up. "

another sista who happens to be a devout christian read this and only replied "wow" with a sad face emoticon to which the original sista then replied this way:

"It really doesn't sadden me to think that. I've teetered on that belief for about a decade and finally decided there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Upon my death my energy will just go to something else since it can't be destroyed. No heaven, no hell, just end. What's so bad about that? When you don't fear death you don't need religion.

Edit: Also, if you've got control of yourself, and don't need the threat of hell to control you from doing evil, you don't need it. Self-control and inner strength is all you need."

my initial reaction was to respond to this and then I thought "why bother?"....this sista I have paid close attention to for a few years and know for a fact she is still searching for a dogma or belief system that actually makes sense....I also know she "needs" something to believe in that is not going to throw a monkey wrench into her alternative lifestyle (she is a lesbian who is actually married to another woman) yet validate what she does at the same time....

brilliant minds of destee what are yalls opinion on this? what if a percentage of our people actually think like this?

humbly awaits yalls answers....

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

NOTHING BUT HARECORE REALITY RIGHT THERE. ALL THIS NEED TO BE BLOWN UP AND DESTROYED.

3. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

LOL....I anticipated that kind of answer from you good brother...my question to you is this: Do you mean this physical earth or all levels of existence back to an existence of chaos?

4. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

YES

EVERYTHING, THE PLANET, THE MULTI/UNIVERSE ALL NEED TO BE DESTROYED.
    ALOT OF PEOPLE SCREAM PEACE AND ALL THAT JAZZ, BUT THE ONLY SUPREME PEACE IS WHEN YOU AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU IS BACK INTO CHAOS.

5. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

Again your response reminds me of that movie "Event Horizon".....chaos = original, undifferentiated, unconditioned state of being...yes?

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
  7. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Hmmm

I can understand where she is coming from even though I don't agree. I do, however, agree with the parts that say you don't need a religion if you don't fear death and you don't need the fear of hell or not going to heaven if you have self control (which we should all have).

I honestly think we would be better off if we all thought that way.

8. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmmmm

My thing is why chance it. If I am not sure about the hereafter...I would try to keep a medium just to be safe and or open to oppurtunities! If survival is the grind than what ever plane the hustle is on I want to SURVIVE...physically and of course spiritually!

So basically if I believe in the survival of me than I would consider things that is not of this world!

Just my Opinion

Peace

9. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123

Greetings,
    What organisations can Afrikan women and men of the Diaspora born in the Ma’afa go to where they can discuss the issues that influence and impact their lives? What role models do we as Afrikan people have today that will encourage and help develop strong qualities of power, confidence and leadership? What Divine energies or forces do we call upon to strengthen and nurture sacred Divine qualities within the Afrikan Diaspora that connects us to our communities to help bring about social changes needed to affect and balance society?

Many of us it seems have become intellectually lazy. Our lack of our Ancestral cultural traditions, and lack of knowledge of Afrikan spiritual principles leads to a confused, distorted and even perverted sense of self and life, as well as a lack of comprehension of our interrelatedness with self and the Universe.

When we take on the mindset, beliefs, values, religion, etc of the oppressor, then we also end up oppressing our own selves on every level, and we don’t even realise it. We continue to pursue Western methods which in reality is “anti-life”. We have become dependent on a system that is not necessarily conducive to one’s self-growth and spiritual development but blocks our ability to connect with the higher forces within. Instead, we look outside of ourselves for the answers and become deaf to the inner calls of our Divine selves and the whispers of our Ancestors.

We cannot begin to comprehend the meaning of life or what is happening in our outer world until we first begin to grasp the dynamics of certain principles of our inner world. The age old axiom of “Know thyself” or Know thy Being is the key.

Peace, Love, Light
    1UL

10. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

NOT ALL ANCESTORS WHISPER THE SAME THINGS!!!
    MY "DIVINE" SELF SAY BLOW THIS PLACE UP!!