Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : How many Natural Hair Gals on this site?

so many threads .. just getting to this one...my hair has been natural for over 30 years...i just finished conditoning it with mayonaise...it works...put it in at about 9 this morning and took it out around l this afternoon. I don't cut my hair anymore (just the ends when i think of it).. I do brush it...when i was young my mother use to brush, brush brush...wash, oil and brush...as i began to work with my hair myself i realized that she was just training the hair...sometimes i wear it slicked back..wash it, oil it, put a stocking cap on it and when you wake up in the morning it holds nice and tight...within that you can style it with parts..or if its long just a roller so that the back curls up..
sometimes you shouldn't do anything to it..go for a day or two if you can without combing or brushing...learn to use your fingers to comb your hair also..it gives you different styles ..wash it and braid it to dry and get other styles..explore standing in the mirror and with combs and pins playing with other styles...if you color it..use the no ammonia no peroxide formulas..it doesn't damage..the only brand name like that is clairol..but their is a japanese brand that is no peroxide and no ammonia..and a couple of natural brand s the same.. I was locked in the early 80's but i found the maintenance of locked hair was lmore time consuming then any other way . (note i went to jamaica and had it pulled apart...i didn't want to cut it all off...but i donot recommend that)
for me..i dont..never did wash my hair alot , i definitely use a conditioner , for awhile i used one that was from australia(i figure in that heat they know about hair) and it worked for awhile...i've shifted again...i leave it inmy hair maximum of 3 minutes , usually 2...but thetexture of my hair is frizzy to tight curl only in the hot humidity. my daughter, has denser and coarser texture will keep in the conditioner for almost 4 or 5 minutes. I use dixie peach hair pomade (for almost 35 years), sometimes dax and alot of times hemp oil...if i can't find those i use baby oil in my hair... if you are new at it...you have to train it...you can determine how you want it to be...but the comb, the brush and the hands will help you do it...
to straighten yoour hair...find some one who knows how to thread...not cornrow ..no extensions..but using heavy sewing thread style it up for you...actually it takes less time then all the other styles and when you take it out the hair is straight..(or much straighter than it originally was) so many things...i can't remember them all...hope this helps and if you think of something more specific you want to know just post it...i will definitely check this sight again...or if i am late...sorry

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back