Black People : How many Black folks are on your mind when you get up in the morning?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    When you wake up each morning are you thinking or careing about your neighbor, the brothers and sisters on the block, on the job?

How many Black folks are you concerned about?

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    As for me I have millions of Black folks on my mind when I wake and hope for their well being

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    The man looking back at me in the mirror...

:fyi:

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    In order to help the commuity one has to have some concideration towards doing it.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    How can one help unless one cares?

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    If you're merely going to post questions and presume your answers are the only ones important or relevant or significant to the discussions and debates etc.:

Don't be disappointed or suprised if nobody posts on your threads!

In all due candor and honesty:

Those of us who were alreaady trying to make a difference --and long before you came into contact with us here-- via the forums of this website-- aren't going to send your a bio!

I. e., there is a right as opposed to a wrong means and ways to communicate, as well as a disrespectful as opposed to respectful means/ways etc. to air your comments/criticisms, etc. as regards those of your own generations alleged or real shortcomings, and/or those of mine...

Yes...

Time and again, some (if not all) of your generation have chosen to make it personal/be subjective about it all:

But...

One can choose (the operative word here) to just react to the way things are--or respond via suggesting effective means and ways--to actually change them!

Yes...

Some things can be expected--only via cadre members--a political organization--and/or via a well thought out agenda they're advancing...

But...

Only so much can be-- or one will be able to expect--from those who started out as strangers to each other--and/or who they're discussing and debating the issues and problems affecting us all--from a distance...

Y'see, we here--in Detroit etc.--had already started to cope and deal with gang related violence and all else associated with that, back in the nineties; only to run into denial ad naseum, as well as from one of the same parties would be founders of other grassroots organizations have to deal with, such as--over in Chicago...

By the way:

One of them was and is Opray Winfrey...

Though another downside of school management outsourcing--which Robert Bobb--brought in by the governor of this state to allegedly fix what aills Detroit's public school system as well--he gets praised--and for the very things Chicago activists are blasting his counterpart--now an Obama appointee--for bringing about there--i. e., the closing of local high schools--leading to heretofore rival gang members relations etc. going to the same high schools ad naseum...

Unfortunately--the same scenario--i. e., which led to the death of a black student--with no gang ties--already happened here--and for the same reasons it happened in Chicago...

So--please don't berate and chide people--like me--who did and do try to make and difference--also do be more for real about what we're up against!

That also would take you listening and learning-- from me (among others)--a wee bit more--rather than your approach reveals that you're not truly aware of--either!

No...

You would never naturally or normally go jump off a cliff nor advocate others join you:

But...

Your approach have you come across that after a few reactions or overreactions you're a reflection of some awfully wronheaded conclusions...

FYI...

Later...

CTJ

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    thanks buit as I stated here before I came here looking for solutions and you have provided none therfore the question was not directed to you personaly but to the greater audience.

If we are about community buliding and discussing that then fine but if all we do is chit chat and coffeee table discussion while thecomunities are catching hell then hey, what can I tell you

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    My wife & children are the ones I am concerned about when I wake up and go to sleep.
    Right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

9. suga06

suga06 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Black people on my mind

Yes, my sons and every black mother sons, who are out in this satan filled world. Praying and Praying that they live to see another day, another birthday. Young black men don't have to be in gangs to get shot and killed. They have to fear other young, black man and the police, at the same time. So yes I wake up thinking about my black men, all the time. My son once told me when he 21, that he didn't think that he would live to see 25. I cried and told him to change his habits and the people he was hanging with. I told him to return to church and PRAY! It took awhile for him to hear me and a few run in with the law, before he changed. But thank to him that can change anybody, who wants to change, he is now 30 yrs old. We have to think about other people and try to help them, to the best of our ability. But also people have to want to change their lives, me hoping and praying is nothing, if a person doesn't want to change.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    You definately honor the spirit and sacrifices of Sojourner Truth, Marin Luther King and Malcolm X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!