Black People : How many African Americans able to give up all gov benefits right now?

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Out of the 36 million of us how many are able and ready to give up right now;

public houseing,

rent control,

HUD mortgage assistance,

public schools,

daycare,

water filtration,

food inspection,

public hospitals,

EMS ambulances,

street lights,

city and state parks,

libraries,

street and highway repair,

legal aid,

financial aid for college,

unemployment benefits,

FDIC insurance,

veterans benefits,

emergency relief,

fire department,

job training,

federal appeals courts,

freedom of speech,

freedom of assembly,

voting rights act,

internet freedoms,

sanitation garbage pickup,

mail, letter and parcel delivery,

food safety codes,

social security benfits at old age,

medicaid,

medicare,

access a ride,

Brother Ankhur ... i don't know if this thread, is a result of the one I just started ... Black People and USA - An Abusive Relationship ... but I'll answer based on it.

As in any abusive relationship, the abused person must be careful in negotiating their escape.

Oftentimes, women (people) remain with their abusers because the abuser is providing something for them, that they can't provide for themselves.

Women (people) stay because they can't feed their own selves, can't clothe their own selves, can't provide shelter for their children, all the things you named above, and more ... and so ... they reason it is better to get beat than to be without the (perceived) necessities of life. Its like being between a rock and a hard place. Difficult decisions must be made.

If one can't provide for themselves, and can stand the abuse a little bit longer, they may have to continue in it for awhile ... until they can come up with a plan to get out and feed, clothe, shelter, themselves and their children.

There are women (people) being abused all across the economic spectrum. Some are abused and only recieve a little bit of stuff, while others are abused and live in mansions. Leaving the mansion is going to be hard on them, in many ways, as I'm sure they've grown accustomed to the lifestyle, that happens to include abuse along with the high living.

If someone were asking me, what should they do, how do they get out ... when the abuser is providing all of the things they need to sustain life ... I'd tell them to be very careful in moving forward. Continue as long as they must, but always looking for their way out, always planning to free themselves of the abuser.

It's not an easy place to be.

Unfortunately, many of our women (people) have had to live in these type of abusive conditions ... both personally and collectively.

The bottom line though ... if you can't provide for yourself ... you're almost going to be forever bound to whatever another wants to give ... all of the things you've mentioned above, along with the abuse attached to them.

I'd imagine there will be some that say it's a fair trade-off ... the things above ... for generations of free labor, our Sons being collectively incarcerated, etc.

Each one gets to choose for themselves, but by no means am I advocating that hasty decisions be made. Now is not the time for that.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Many times an abuser will beat the ish out of you ... then come back in wanting to love and rub on you ... give you some flowers, a beautiful ring, necklace, a new law, a new promise, a white woman, a Black President ... all of that ... making the abuse tolerable ... i suppose.

We've certainly been made to tolerate the abuse, with all of the trinkets mentioned aboved, and some not mentioned.

I guess if that's enough to do us like they do us, creating an even exchange, it's all good in the hood.

:heart:

Destee

all in how much one believes in one's Self.

aside from that initial list approaching ridiculous (most of that list can not be walked away from and still live in a city), one could , in fact, step away from it ... provided one Trusts in the "Power of SELF".

it can be done!! been there, done that:

the fishing was good ..well, had to come back to town for hooks and line ... but fishing can be done without "store bought".

plenty of food growing wild; enough for healthy living ... as long as somebody don't come hiking way the frell out here talking about "federal land" or camping fees or some such.

one could fashion bows and arrows for hunting - but only enough to eat in a week .. until one works out methods of preserving the food. (below ground "freezer" in the right climates.)

gonna hafta take a couple good axes and a few other tools, but one can build shelter.

OTOH, looking back at that list, one could, in fact, do without ALL of that stuff!!

"black nationalist"?? lol ain't no way anyone believing in that, or similar, philosophies could make do without!! too weak; too stuck inside of walls created by someone else. besides the fact that any such has been created as a reaction to some busted up ish, thereby invalidating it!!

one must base one's life on BEing what one IS; not basing it on being other than what someone else tells one that one is.

BEing of Life, one recognizes the ephemeral nature of all that all of you claim to "know". ..but, i'd imagine that in your "wisdom" you would claim that i'm missing. poor you! i weep for you and pray for you!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back