Black People : How many African Americans able to give up all gov benefits right now?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Out of the 36 million of us how many are able and ready to give up right now;

public houseing,

rent control,

HUD mortgage assistance,

public schools,

daycare,

water filtration,

food inspection,

public hospitals,

EMS ambulances,

street lights,

city and state parks,

libraries,

street and highway repair,

legal aid,

financial aid for college,

unemployment benefits,

FDIC insurance,

veterans benefits,

emergency relief,

fire department,

job training,

federal appeals courts,

freedom of speech,

freedom of assembly,

voting rights act,

internet freedoms,

sanitation garbage pickup,

mail, letter and parcel delivery,

food safety codes,

social security benfits at old age,

medicaid,

medicare,

access a ride,

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Ankhur ... i don't know if this thread, is a result of the one I just started ... Black People and USA - An Abusive Relationship ... but I'll answer based on it.

As in any abusive relationship, the abused person must be careful in negotiating their escape.

Oftentimes, women (people) remain with their abusers because the abuser is providing something for them, that they can't provide for themselves.

Women (people) stay because they can't feed their own selves, can't clothe their own selves, can't provide shelter for their children, all the things you named above, and more ... and so ... they reason it is better to get beat than to be without the (perceived) necessities of life. Its like being between a rock and a hard place. Difficult decisions must be made.

If one can't provide for themselves, and can stand the abuse a little bit longer, they may have to continue in it for awhile ... until they can come up with a plan to get out and feed, clothe, shelter, themselves and their children.

There are women (people) being abused all across the economic spectrum. Some are abused and only recieve a little bit of stuff, while others are abused and live in mansions. Leaving the mansion is going to be hard on them, in many ways, as I'm sure they've grown accustomed to the lifestyle, that happens to include abuse along with the high living.

If someone were asking me, what should they do, how do they get out ... when the abuser is providing all of the things they need to sustain life ... I'd tell them to be very careful in moving forward. Continue as long as they must, but always looking for their way out, always planning to free themselves of the abuser.

It's not an easy place to be.

Unfortunately, many of our women (people) have had to live in these type of abusive conditions ... both personally and collectively.

The bottom line though ... if you can't provide for yourself ... you're almost going to be forever bound to whatever another wants to give ... all of the things you've mentioned above, along with the abuse attached to them.

I'd imagine there will be some that say it's a fair trade-off ... the things above ... for generations of free labor, our Sons being collectively incarcerated, etc.

Each one gets to choose for themselves, but by no means am I advocating that hasty decisions be made. Now is not the time for that.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Many times an abuser will beat the ish out of you ... then come back in wanting to love and rub on you ... give you some flowers, a beautiful ring, necklace, a new law, a new promise, a white woman, a Black President ... all of that ... making the abuse tolerable ... i suppose.

We've certainly been made to tolerate the abuse, with all of the trinkets mentioned aboved, and some not mentioned.

I guess if that's enough to do us like they do us, creating an even exchange, it's all good in the hood.

Destee

4. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I am able but unwilling.

I can't think of a reason I would want to surrender the benefits of American citizenship unless I was a committed Black Nationalist.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    all in how much one believes in one's Self.

aside from that initial list approaching ridiculous (most of that list can not be walked away from and still live in a city), one could , in fact, step away from it ... provided one Trusts in the "Power of SELF".

it can be done!! been there, done that:

the fishing was good ..well, had to come back to town for hooks and line ... but fishing can be done without "store bought".

plenty of food growing wild; enough for healthy living ... as long as somebody don't come hiking way the frell out here talking about "federal land" or camping fees or some such.

one could fashion bows and arrows for hunting - but only enough to eat in a week .. until one works out methods of preserving the food. (below ground "freezer" in the right climates.)

gonna hafta take a couple good axes and a few other tools, but one can build shelter.

OTOH, looking back at that list, one could, in fact, do without ALL of that stuff!!

"black nationalist"?? lol ain't no way anyone believing in that, or similar, philosophies could make do without!! too weak; too stuck inside of walls created by someone else. besides the fact that any such has been created as a reaction to some busted up ish, thereby invalidating it!!

one must base one's life on BEing what one IS; not basing it on being other than what someone else tells one that one is.

BEing of Life, one recognizes the ephemeral nature of all that all of you claim to "know". ..but, i'd imagine that in your "wisdom" you would claim that i'm missing. poor you! i weep for you and pray for you!!

6. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +339
    Seeing as we're involuntarily paying for those things out of our tax dollars, then we have every right to take advantage of them. Contrary to popular belief, those things on your list are NOT free handouts.

The real question is are we willing to up and move out of this country permanently because that's the only way to become 100% independent from it.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Nothing is free for us. All we have received, has been paid for, at exorbitantly high prices.

Many say leave, go somewhere else, but where do we go (on the planet) that is 100% independent of them?

This is a global issue, not just here in the states, which is why I started this thread.

Even going to the moon ... outer space ... we'd have to check with them, get clearances (their approval), materials for the space ship, etc.

If you can name one place Black People live anywhere on the planet, that is free of the control and/or influence of white people ... i'd love to hear about it.

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Ankhur ... you've provided a long list of things we depend on them for ... that we don't provide / control for ourselves ... i'd like to add one too.

Food. We can't even feed our own selves. Most of us will die in 30 days or less, if they choose to stop allowing us access to food.

::

Our Beloved Ancestor Marcus Garvey, March I8, I923 ... almost 100 years ago :

I am going back now to the bread-and-butter question. Do you know that every Negro in Liberty Hall tonight can die out by the end of this month without anybody poisoning you, without anybody putting a rope around your neck, without anybody shooting you or without anybody doing any bodily harm to you? Do you know? By starving. There is not a man in this building tonight who, if denied food for thirty days, would be able to resist death by starvation. What do I mean by that? I mean this: that we are so careless of ourselves, so careless of our future, that tonight 15,000,000 of us in America are dependent upon the white man for our daily existence, our daily sustenance and our daily bread. If the white man should say in another twenty-four hours that "I will not employ any more Negroes in my industry, on my farms or in my business," what would happen? Fifteen million Negroes would be jobless in the United States of America. And if you were kept jobless for a day or a week and rendered unable to go to the grocer to buy your provisions or to pay your rent to your landlord on the 1st or the 15th of the month and you were kept jobless for two weeks, everyone of us would have to leave our homes in Harlem and go out into the streets, unable to go to the grocer, and every one of us would be dying on the streets of New York, and I feel sure the white man would not have any objection to supplying the coffins to bury us by the hundreds, because it will be in keeping with his plan to get rid of us. Such a condition of unemployment would rid this country of 15,000,000 people just as the North American Indian was exterminated. And that was the white man's plan to get rid of the Negro problem in America up to 1913. But God Almighty sent the war and created a breach. We are still in that breach and ff the 15,000,000 Negroes of America remain without action for another five or ten years and allow this country to return to normal to carry out their pre-war program, it is only a question of fifty or 100 years more when you and I will be weeded out from this Western civilization.

http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmprint.php?ArtID=558

So no ... we can't move hastily at all, concerning the things above, for our predicament is dire. Every move must be strategic and calculated.

Destee

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

MOST African people means exactly that. This means African people who live in Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Angola, Mozambique, et al.

They are not dependent upon "white people" but more specifically foreign aid in terms of economic development but these same Africans are no longer colonies. They are independent Nation-states with political soverignty.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    There is a difference between government benefits and government services which we as taxpayers pay for such as pubic schhols, libraries, sanitation, emergency relief, etc.

As far as government benefits, I recieve none and am not dependent on any.