Black Relationships : How Long?

How Long should a couple be together before marriage?

• 6 months to 1 year

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 1 year to 2 years

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 2 years to 4 years

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 4 years +

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Time Limit Not Necessary

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Nisa said:
How long do you think a couple should be together before they get married?

That is a tough question, because it is difficult to put time frames on relationships. It is of the utmost importance to give yourself time to know a person...to observe them in several situations...to see contradictions in thought, word, and deed...to be certain of compatability & shared values. How much time is necessary for this to occur? I really can't say, I think that is personal! I would frown on people getting married after only being together for less than 1 year. At the same time, I don't think a man has to wait 4 years or more to determine that a woman is wife material.

Looking at the same face...Honey where is my teeth?

Pan is correct. I chose 2 to 4. Only because to each his / her own. But one should spend some years living with one another before getting married.

I knew in my 5th year my wife was marriage material. I proposed in college. We got married five years after that. Keep te relationship flowing. Have fun. Joke and laugh together a lot. I used to tell her as soon as I figured out how to get away. I would. She never laughed at that!

I dated ten years before I married. We spent a few years in an apartment. A few years in college together, and saw each other everyday, because she lived down the street from my house. Married twenty-two years this year. Actually I count the dating time also.. so I have been strapped a longtime. :hammer: :luv: :couple:

:thinking: hmmm how long does it take to do a thorough credit check? :thinking: LOL jeeeees kiddin LOL

I double up with Kente & Hodee bear...and I add that I think this 2 years is a minimum on even talkin bout engagements and such... AFTA engagement...I say PRE-married time MINIMUM of a year...you got to give ya lives TIME...:read:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back