Black People : How Latinos REALLY Feel About Blacks ?

Group of Hispanic Leaders announce support of Obama

omowalejabali said:
I clearly must have missed something because over a year ago when I made a thread concerning coalition building I dont remember you agreeing or stating "coalition building is great".

In fact, because of the responses I got I dropped the issue.

I still dont get this and probably never will. How and why would anyone expect Lationos/Hispanics to treat us any differently than we treat them?

Black people somehow think we can make it alone without allies, so be it. But when it comes down to simple mathematics, it aint happening, at least not in the realm of electoral politics.

Black people politically marginalize themselves then compalin about being marginalized. Black people cant unite with each other then complain about other folks not uniting with us. Black people denounce Obama as a "mulatto" then expect non-whites to support him.

Interestingly, we act as if white people are united and dont have their house in order. Hispanics/Latinos as well.

But they are. We just are so blinded and caught in our own "victimization" that we can't see past it.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0122phxhispanicobama0123.html

They are there. Some of us just dont see them.

mazimtaim said:
You heard me right. Asians, Latinos, American Indians, etc., are not going to do a thing for us. And we are the only culture that finds excuses not to help itself.

I am doing my best to be positive, because as the song says, I smile to keep from crying. Constantly I see Africans put to the test and many are not responding. It is so simple a concept, but so many do not want to abide by this rule.

What are we going to do for "Black" people?

There is this one Sister I met at another forum. She said that it might be that we may have to accept really extreme changes in behavior. I have thought a lot about that conversation. Because right now, we are arguing with too many Africans over how to help our people. Mayhap, we really need an open and honest discussion about this that lays all options on the table.

Brother Mazimtaim ... i heard a Sister say some years ago, that the skin would have to be burning from our bodies, dripping to the ground, before we begin to act in any unified manner ... and even then it may not happen. Yes, it is very sad, and i too try to remain positive in light of what we all know to be our current reality.

Let's help keep each other encouraged ...

:heart:

Destee

Prizmm said:
Some of my Hispanic brothers and sisters are a confused bunch, I have actually heard young Puerto Ricans and Dominicans refer to themselves as 'spanish',(I call them on this whenever I hear it) as if they are unaware that Spain is a european country. It is filled with white skinned europeans...which means speaking spanish does not make you white and doesn't make you spanish[unless they descend from Hannibal] (lol). Also they are doing what every other immigrant group that arrived here after us did...seperate themselves entirely from the bottom station on the totem pole.

Non-Immigrant African Americans occupy a unique station in the amerikkkan tapestry. We survived; in spite of all that was done to destroy us. Yet the effort to emasculate us has had some effect. Look around, we appear to hate each other and many blacks seek ways to seperate from each other. Randall Kennedy's "Sellout" is a shoutout to this curious condition. Our spiritual, physical and mental discontent are the result of generations of life and death struggle. If "Unity" actually existed among the greater black so-called community top to bottom, we would not have to reach out to others to assuage our suffering. Sadly in our fragmented and broken condition it does not surprise me that other groups choose to distance themselves. They don't recognize that we are survivors!

Whether my latino/latina brothers and sisters, my West Indian Brothers and sisters and newly tranplanted Somalian, Sudanese, Kenyans and Ghanians recognize it or not distancing themselves from me and other black men and women does not empower them, but it does cause me to look quite closely at that type of behavior. The willingness on the part of these newcomers to associate with white supremacist as if to say "I am not like them",(meaning non-immigrant black americkkkans) is diabolically cuthroat. What they don't understand is that the racist don't care about where they come from, but rather who they are. So of course they will use these newcomers to create consternation within communities of color, but they will not get a seat at the head table. Some of my Cubano brothers and sister in Miami sell their souls willingly to the racist, and in doing so place themselves in a position against the longest suffering group in the country. Our Struggle Continues, some recognize that, and slowly we are gaining a greater recognition of who is friend and who is foe. If my North American brothers and sisters ever rise up and take control of their destiny, all users and abusers white and non-white will have to kowtow; especially if they were not allies, assisting us in acheiving a solution. Revenge is off the table but retribution, that's another thing! Peace!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Destee

jamesfrmphilly said:
they are here for one reason: to get theirs. if they have to take it from us, they do not have a problem with that.
i been saying that for a minute.

Brother James ... thanks for sharing. I'm not really concerned with what they do or don't do.

My concern is us, and what we do and don't do.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back