Black People : How Latinos REALLY Feel About Blacks ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems in this election we can clearly see how Latinos feel about Black People. I know it's not all of them, though it seems to be the vast majority. They don't like Black People, as evidenced by Obama's inability to garner their collective political support. I don't believe there's been anything so telling, to give us to clearly know where they stand, until now.

I've been reading a few articles that say the same, as well as the recent voting results.

The reason i mention this, is not so much for this election, but for the mindset some of us have, as it relates to other groups of people, supporting Black People. I've seen them (Latinos) defended here often, even when the articles clearly state they are targeting and killing Black People. Some have even suggested that their plight is our plight. Yet, when push comes to shove, it's clear they don't consider us in this same way.

How long will we try to appease other groups, instead of simple banning together like others do?

:heart:

Destee

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    All Latinos look down on Black Americas born here!

At one point or another, all do, they can be your friend they can be your partnr in struggle, but when folks get drunk the shadow shows and they talk about there is no welfare back there and nobody gets a free ride and that not but.........
    There are a WHOLE lot of other imigrants that do,
    especially those who are a walking mirror, cause folks immigrating from Africa say the same thing.
    But we need to look past this divisive stuff!!!!!!

With all due respect,
    I don't want to dwell to much on a subject of hatin,
    we need to build coalitions to build and thrive against the Illuminati

And the Illuminati has been a equal opportunity employer for 500 years

3. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Sister Destee, I am trying to be positive. For me it is simple math. Of all groups, we are on the bottom. And some of us don't even display the behavior of a group that is supposed to be on the bottom. Some of us are concerned about every other group's welfare but our own.

I just don't think we can convince them. But perhaps somehow we can trick them into supporting "Black" folks or doing something good for the group.

The thing that is sad is that outright racism, discrimination, hatred of our group, is actually rewarded by certain "Black" folk. I don't get it either. But we have to figure out something to turn this around.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Natinr ... i appreciate your response, and assure you that i'm not trying to start a hating subject / topic.

These are hard cold facts, the way others view and treat us collectively.

In spite of it, we seem to yearn for their approval and support.

I do agree that coalition building is great, but how can we be taken seriously or joined with, when the whole world sees we're not even with each other. If we, Black People, could learn to simply support each other, it would make all the difference in the world regarding how others view us, for we will be a force to be reckoned with and envied. But until that time, there can be no coaltion building that is advantageous to us, if our own house is not in order.

It's like putting the cart before the horse in my opinion.

We yearn for these other people to embrace us, when we do not embrace ourselves.

In the meantime, they selectively choose when to smile in our faces, and when to kill us.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Destee

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    we are in contention for the same jobs as hispanics...that brews animosity...

one love
    khasm

6. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    As far as us banning together

In all of my posts, that is what I would like to see, but is that what we desire??????
    Do we genetically and ethericly have so many different tribes in us that we,
    fight in our own minds,
    before we get to a solution with someone else with the same concern and struggle of our own race?

The Matrix is an addiction, so what is the 12 step program?????

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Mazimtaim ... i appreciate your effort to be positive, you make it look so easy! :love:

I'm not sure who you mean, when you say you don't think we can convince them? Convince who? If you mean Latinos, i'm not trying to convince them, and don't really care at this point, if they ever support us. If you mean Black People ... *sigh* ... i hope our people will come to themselves, and see that if we don't support our own selves, no one ever will. I'd hope that we don't have to "trick" each other into doing it, as that's not real. I think it's absolutely necessary that each of us support each other, because it is in our hearts and Spirits to do, because we truly believe it is the right thing, even if the immediate results are disappointing, discouraging, and sad. Because they probably will be (that's been my experience), and only because it was in my heart and Spirit to do, could i even continue on. If i had been tricked, i would have quit long ago.

We've got to do it for each other, for our very survival is dependent upon it.

Thanks for sharing!

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Khasm ... yes, we're in contention for the same white man's jobs. We need to be moving away from those jobs. We need to be creating our own jobs. Our own businesses, entities, endeavors, etc., so that we can offer our children jobs. We go into those establishments owned by Japanese, Chinese, etc., and it's clear who is in the top running for those jobs. There is no where a Black person can go in this country, and know that they will be in the top running for the job, because we've not created that yet ... as others have done.

There may still be some animosity, but we'll all be employed and it won't bother us so much.

Destee

9. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Latinos in NYC will be on top

The Dominicans have thier own stores and buy from them,
    The Mexicans do also!!!!!
    THIER MILLIONAIRES INVEST IN THIER PROSPERITY!

We been here longer then them, spend more money but have built no infrastructure.

Jamaicans cannot get along with other Jamaicans or Trinidadians, and everyone hates the Haitians, the French speaking Africans, (Wolof, Mandinka, Fulani) regard you as family while many English speaking Africans(Ghana, Nigeria) will tell you to your face you are notAfrican.

But the Ecuadorian will get along with the Puerto Rican , will get along with the Cuban, will get along with the Mexican, will get along with the Panamanian, and the Dominican.

WILLIE LYNCH IS NOT A GOD, AND WE ARE NOT EXPERIMENTS IN A TEST TUBE

So we have to simpley make up our minds,
    to cut the *******
    FOR OUR SURVIVAL

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Natinr ... i think we must overcome the atrocities done to our psyche. We must start from where we are, and work our way back. Let us first get over the conditioning done to us most recently by slavery, discrimination, jim crow, and all of that hate, then we can determine if our tribal ancestry plays a significant part in what we see today. At this point, i can't tell, because that other stuff is so overwhelming.

Destee