How Important is Diet in Well Being?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by tyab14, Jul 8, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    For a minute I was researching a lot into health, herbs, veganim, raw foodism and all that stuff. I came across a lot of good information and research, but I came also across a lot of things that contradicted what I was reading.

I began to observe people's diets, their age range, and all that. I began seeing anomalies, such as crackheads eating out the trash all day without anykind of cancer and some living for a loooong time. Then I saw people that were almost near raw foodists and ate healthy religiously, but still become sick. Then I rememered that some slaves lived for centuries seeing their masters kids kids kids.

Things like this are confusing, and I'm wondering what yah'll think, how imporant is diet?

On a side note: Some metaphysicians say that diet is near 1% of well-being, and less than that includes food, that 1% is mostly made up of water and breathing (air/oxygen).

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I don't think it matters what you eat as long as you detox. Look at Bobby Hemmitt, he's fat as hell, but ain't having no health problems, at least not any that I know of.

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Its weird though because the new wave of vegans and all this health information. I've seen some overweight health eaters also. Like I said things contradict themselves in the diet aspect.

What you do to detox?

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Not in the ritualistic sense, I just don't eat pork or beef and I drink a lot of water(it mixes well with melanin)

5. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Yeah supposedly water connects the melanin throughout the body, so you just use the water for detoxing?

I'm trying to get to the point where I can use my own placebo.

6. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    I think that original people were vegan but with our actual body we need to eat some meats(no pork),but after all it's up to the individual,it's about consciouness.The real deal is to eat only once a day,i eat once a day since 6 months and im doing good.....yes i lost weight lol,but i feel better:10900:

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Honestly when I drink water, I don't think about detoxing. I just drink water because of the positive effects it has on melanin. What are some good ways to open the pineal gland? Does water help?

8. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Ever since I stopped eating pork and beef, I haven't be sick. I haven't even had a cold. Elijah Muhammad said that eating once a day is just a start. Eating once every three days is the real deal, but once every 7 days will drive you insane.

9. Kabal

Kabal Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    There is no "one size fits all" diet. I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions of the health & nutrition industry.

Different groups of peoples in different regions have subsisted on foods that were relatively in their environments.

The Inuit (Eskimos) has a diet with nearly 90% consisting of animal proteins and lots of animal fats and they are a relatively healthy people. They dayum sure aint vegan but they are healthy. The examples continue.

As a young black man, physically, mentally, and emotionally, I feel the best eating a diet consisting of a larger percentage of animal protein (poultry and fish- but not red meat or pork) and healthy fats, and limited carbohydrates such as salads and green leafy vegetables.

I can't tolerate most grains, legumes, some vegetables and fruits, and most dairy. To be vegan or vegetarian would go against my health.

Just my 2 cents . . .

10. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Someone gave me a real good elixer for the pineal and some meditations with chanting that help. I use crystals and visualizations basically. There is a lot of ways.