Black Relationships : How Important is Black Love

Let's nip this in the bud. MY people=black people.
Actually, the reply raises more questions than it answers. It raises the issue of just how "black" does one have to be to qualify for membership as "my people"? What about those who are half black? One quarter black? What about very dark but not "black" such as some East Indians?

So you love George Zimmerman. And no doubt, you love every slaver that ever lived, every rapist of every one of your black-skinned ancestors who cried out in pain and beseeched God in heaven to spare her, that resulted in the brown African-American you are today.

Truth be told I'm generally focused on the here and now for whom I love. In my faith we are told to love all of humankind. I admit I'm a work in progress but I'm trying.

It's like I said - indiscriminate love is a sign of mental illness.

I don't believe this is true but respect your opinion.

But you're not God.

Truer words have never been written, but we are to strive to love as God does.

KM

Actually, the reply raises more questions than it answers. It raises the issue of just how "black" does one have to be to qualify for membership as "my people"? What about those who are half black? One quarter black? What about very dark but not "black" such as some East Indians?

What is the wrong with you? I said MY people=black people. You know, AFRICAN people? This is an AFRICAN-American forum you know, not a dark, but not so dark, blah blah blah! Scheesh!

Truth be told I'm generally focused on the here and now for whom I love. In my faith we are told to love all of humankind. I admit I'm a work in progress but I'm trying.

God bless you because you have a looong way to go. **sigh**

And that, my friend, is the end of this discussion for me. You get the last word, so have at it. I'm outta here.:bus:

What is the wrong with you? I said MY people=black people. You know, AFRICAN people? This is an AFRICAN-American forum you know, not a dark, but not so dark, blah blah blah! Scheesh!

I apologize. I don't mean to be exasperating. However, black people and African people are not the same are they? Also, I don't fully understand the "not a dark, but not so dark, blah blah blah! Scheesh!" part, but I have a feeling you're not going to explain it to me. Another time perhaps.

God bless you because you have a looong way to go. **sigh**

Thank you--and God bless you as well.

And that, my friend, is the end of this discussion for me. You get the last word, so have at it. I'm outta here.
Go with God--and best wishes for 2014!

KM

I can't say I agree with that. No, my sister, a love that loves everyone is mirroring the love of God.

But according to your Bible, not even God loves everyone.

Forgive me if I wasn't clear. I meant to express that no one can love the way God does--but we are commissioned to try.

KM

Then by that standard, the Sister is doing just fine, by selectively loving those she chooses to love, just as your God does.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back