Black Relationships : How Important is Black Love

panafrica said:
Interesting responses so far! As an addendum to the original question I should also ask: Do some people feel black love is unrealistic or difficult to obtain? Can black love only exist under certain conditions? Is it something black people actually want, or do they only take it when no other options are available?

I think love in general is difficult to obtain. I think for black people to be genuinely in love, they'd have to both see that black people are in a really tough position in this world. That way, when issues arise in the marriage, they'll be dealt with accordingly and not according to what the television tells you how to deal with situations. I don't think it's unrealistic, but I do think most of us will never experience real black love. It may be some kind of black love that may be experienced, but I don't think it will be the love that most people wish for. Unconditional and sincere love is very rare. I think most black people want to be with another black person, and I also think many black people settle for another race because they don't think their race can deliver.

panafrica said:
Can the Community be expected to continue without it? Should it be Celebrated? Taken for granted? Promoted? Do you realize it's importance, but feel no obligation to contribute to it? Please share your thoughts!

The Community can never continue without it.
It should always be celebrated and not taken for Granted and it shoud be promoted.
I feel every black individual must promote black love so as to make increase our people on the face of this planet.
We are infecting ourselves with this IR dating thing.
Let's stick to our own.

Black Love is BLACK LOVE !! Like our people it defies description. It is historical, cultural and spiritual beyond belief. There is no spoken word that can capture the energy, harmony and unspoken existence of it.

From a historical perspective, it is and has been the torch and guilding light of every civilization as our natural love for life itself has nursed and fostered every civilization there is...even in the face of them treating us like dirt. This is a love that has transcended time itself and is evident in our willingness to suffer if need be for the greater good of life itself.

Spiritually it is a cord that has actually gone unbroken as our love for our Creator, regardless of how we see it, is the center of our lives. Our belief coupled with this love has allowed us to endure, to survive, to progress and to live in any and all circumstances both past and present. This is a LOVE SUPREME that no other people on the planet has been able to match or uphold within themselves.

On a personal level, when allowed to grow and overcome many of the psychological and social obstacles that strive on an everyday basis to smother it, there is NOTHING GREATER!! The very union of the black woman and man is not only a world wide threat and fear, but something that knows no bounderies when it's right. The world does not fear our weapons, for we have none...they fear OUR LOVE IN AND FOR EACH OTHER WHICH HAS PROVEN TO BE INSURMOUNTABLE WHEN IT'S RIGHT.

Even in the face of our broken homes, our drugged out people, our down and out and those we are sometimes ashamed of...there is still an unspoken love and bond between us that we feel inside of ourselves. When we are in pain because of other black people we don't even know, it is because of the LOVE THAT EXIST ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THAT COIN.

AND you ask how important is BLACK LOVE?? LISTEN AND LISTEN WELL. WITHOUT IT, WE WOULD SURELY ALL BE DEAD. WITHOUT IT, WE HOLD NO HOPE FOR A BETTER FUTURE. WITHOUT IT,WE HAVE NO REASON FOR LIFE ITSELF!!!

There are a lot of people who are waiting for someone new to come into their lives and be different than all those before them. However, sometimes the people we are meant to spend our lives with are people we already know, but choose to dismiss as potential partners. I know a couple who were married for 8 years, and decided to divorce. They had both said and done a lot of hurtful things to each other, and just gave up. After being divorced for two years, they both calmed down enough to talk to each other, and really open up about their previous problems. Eventually they started dating again, and got remarried 4 years after their divorce. After all they had gone through, they realized that they still loved each other deeply, and that despite dating other people temporarily, they only trusted each other.

Although this is not a typical situation, it does happen often enough. Sometimes true love doesn't come in a fresh, brand new, perfect person. Sometimes it shows up in that same slightly flawed person you always cared about, but were too afraid to work things out with. Some black couples will find themselves in this situation. However, if the end result is a relationship half as successful as my friend's marriage is the second time around, then it will be worth it for me. :roll:

I'm beginning to see a disturbing pattern here: Threads devoted to Interracial Dating/Marriage receive numerous responses within days (sometimes 10+ pages). People give testimonies on how they have dated IR, are dating IR, or would date IR. Indeed such topics usually bring new members who register just to put their $.02 on the subject. Yet when a thread is created to express the value of black love. When a discussion is attempted to have brothers express their love of sisters, or a testimony of sisters expressing their love of brothers....these threads struggle to get any views or responses (unless kept alive by the original thread poster). On a website devoted to black people loving each other & building with each other, this is beyond disappointing! I have to ask outright: Do we love each other? Is it realistic to expect we can "unite as a people", if we are not able to unite as couples/families first?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back