Black Relationships : How Important is Black Love

For now they have to be my friends.
A relationship will ruin things right now.
I just ended a three month ordeal and it took me on a mental nightmare!
I cannot begin to tell you how I adored him and then how he flipped out!
I say black men because that's the only men I like.
There is no need to go outside of my race or sexual preference.
People tell me all the time, girl with all you have been through I'm surprised you are not gay or date white men.
I'm straight black and strictly d*ckly
It's just that I love too hard,like too much and it's emotionally draining me!

Firstly, I do want to credit brotha Pan for once again starting a much needed thread :) kudos to you brotha :grouphug: Secondly, I am glad I logged in so that I can see I need to make that PM payment LOL But last and definitely not least...

I have been so busy lately but I wanted to pause and take a moment to speak to the wonder that is "BLAK LOVE" I think Brotha James wrapped it up in its simplest. BLAK LOVE is the foundation of our people, thus the reason why it has always been under attack. There is no disputing that it has and is the primary source of success for our blak nation.

What I find a tad disheartening is the number of sistahs/brothas so willing to give up on the prospect of "BLAK LOVE" because of burdened past experiences. I have read thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread (*sigh*) speaking AGAINST "BLAK LOVE" because of ex-boyfriends/girlfriends who have broken hearts and ruined lives *sigh*....
....hearts are resilient and meant to be used and LIVES are meant to be LIVED, love & PAIN included...

I can testify to broken hearts and ruined lives, I have been hurt and hurt others in return BUT none of it should EVER and will NEVER disuade me from "BLAK LOVE"

The air around us is not always the cleanest but do we refuse to breathe?
The water around us is not always the purest but do we reject its usage? Never wash? Never drink?
The food available for purchase isnt always the most plesant so we do turn to hunger strikes? Starve ourselves??
No...we work around it and LEARN FROM IT to survive and succeed and we carry on.

We purify the water, we buy smart and cook well and we SURVIVE & SUCCEED.
IMHO There is no TRUE survival FOR OUR PEOPLE... to be found in IR. Our future relies on our MAINTAINING what has been at the root of our survival for SO MANY YEARS....BLAK LOVE.

So when hearts are broken and we are battered and bruised from brothas/sistahs who have "done us wrong" the answer is NOT becoming "SELF-DESTRUCTIVE" smh The answer is found in ourselves...
WE heal, WE learn, WE know that one, or two, or three, hell even MANY bad seeds, does not require us to burn down the forest... that WE sprouted from. That is why our ancestors are our "ROOTS" we dont forget them and we d@yum sure dont grow in a direction that destroys ourselves and EVERYTHING THEY BUILT.

*sigh* I am not innocent of being hurtful nor have I never been caused pain, and in no way am I demeaning the suffering of any other sistah/brotha caused by one of our own...

BUT...I am saying this much...IF you seek a ROOT deep HEAVEN bound kinda love... BLAK LOVE is the only thing that can provide that. There are many who will claim to provide it, many who fight to destroy it, and there are those who will demand it never existed...but I know its real and I promise you I place my LIFE on it, TRUE BLAK LOVE created us...and in the end...its truth WILL sustain us, IF we allow it.

But of course...thats one sistahs twopence lol :)

Black love starts with loving yourself as a black person. It is the same as being a man and loving your manhood or being a woman and loving your womanhood. It says something about a man or woman that does not love their our masculinity or femininity. Just as it says something about a Black person that doesn't love their our blackness. Black love is black people loving themselves and other black people. For the success of our people there is nothing more important.

Peace....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back