Black Relationships : How Important is Black Love

chuck

Aug 9, 2003

Meant to reach/(re)teach/not qualified to preach...

And obviously the other fella's option/judgement call/etc...

;)

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
Black Love is important enough to maintan our ancient, rich and profound culture...and as such I love my Man that one way....

KMeister

Dec 27, 2013
I'm very late on this, but I'll unequivocally declare that I support black love--although I confess the term may have a different meaning for different people. I define it as love for our people as well as our families and history, music, culture, etc.

That written, I believe loving our black family members, friends, history, music, etc., doesn't preclude us from loving our nonblack brothers and sisters as well and what they bring to the table.

I do believe we have all been created in God's image, which means we are all siblings regardless of subjective racial demarcations. Black love is fine but I don't stop there. I try to practice love and respect for all of my brothers and sisters of all races.

KM

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I define it as love for our people as well as our families and history, music, culture, etc.

Extending my love to everyone alive today or who ever lived would make my love rather worthless, don't you think?

And for the folk who can't CONCEIVE of a black person loving black WITHOUT so-called hating white - you're wrong. I can love my man and not hate yours. I do it everyday. :)

KMeister

Dec 27, 2013
I define it as love for our people as well as our families and history, music, culture, etc.

Extending my love to everyone alive today or who ever lived would make my love rather worthless, don't you think?

And for the folk who can't CONCEIVE of a black person loving black WITHOUT so-called hating white - you're wrong. I can love my man and not hate yours. I do it everyday. :)

I completely agree with you that loving one person doesn't mean one has to hate another. That also cuts both ways. I support "black love" as long as it doesn't mean I have to be exclusive in that love. God has given me many siblings, some look like me and some don't. The love I share freely is often freely returned to me, often abundantly, which in turn allows me to share my love even more with others. (This is reflected at my church during the early part of the service: after the pastor greets us we turn to greet each other as brothers and sisters regardless of race, age, sex, wealth or rank.)

As for your point about "making [your] love rather worthless," I don't believe it would. I can't imagine being able to love in such a way, but neither do I believe loving in such a way would make your love worthless. In fact, you'd be loving as God loves, and no one can do that.

KM

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I completely agree with you that loving one person doesn't mean one has to hate another. That also cuts both ways. I support "black love" as long as it doesn't mean I have to be exclusive in that love.
A "love" that loves everyone is no love at all.

God has given me many siblings, some look like me and some don't. The love I share freely is often freely returned to me, often abundantly, which in turn allows me to share my love even more with others.
What has George Zimmerman done for you lately?

(This is reflected at my church during the early part of the service: after the pastor greets us we turn to greet each other as brothers and sisters regardless of race, age, sex, wealth or rank.)
Same with my church.

As for your point about "making [your] love rather worthless," I don't believe it would. I can't imagine being able to love in such a way, but neither do I believe loving in such a way would make your love worthless. In fact, you'd be loving as God loves, and no one can do that.

KM
The first part of your last sentence is in direct contradiction to the last part. God can love all "and no one can do that?"

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.