Black Relationships : How important is age?

Hey Ru2religious, wanted to break down to you that I looked extensively looked at various encounters with you and other members here over the years, not on purpose mind you, but the things I look into you either start the thread or are heavily involved. What I saw is stayed flexible, respectful of those who at times didn't respect you, admitted when you were wrong, held your ground when you knew you needed to be rigid (notice I didnt use the word right there), I'm just letting you know it took me a minute to get close to is point, and I notice you talked to flav and Macy gray. We may have crossed paths at some point and not known it. But anyway, for real I've looked at a lot of exchanges on this site and I felt the need to address you directly. Back to the topic of age.

Peace in as they say here

Probably have - crossed path - especially if you were in the music industry or still have ties to the music industry. I try to keep it peaceful and as I said in a different thread - I'm very laid back - smiling through all of my post -

Peace is the point ....

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

The reason why I'm torn on this is because I have a lot of younger women coming at me constantly. I reject them more so because I'm into older women - always have and probably always will be so in a sense from a male point of view I can't see anything wrong with it (as you said there's no wrong or right) but at the same time - my attitude be like "I'm old enough to be your daddy" so that makes me feel a little weird which is to say torn.

Grant it - most of them think I'm in my 20's and when I tell them my age a lot of them kind of be like 'ewww' lol ... but that coo - I find it funny!

I took so long to respond because I feel that its weird because of the age difference - yet at the same time I've been like that with older women for years. Its like how can I judge a younger woman for what she like when I've always been more attracted to older women. For me to chop down a younger woman for what she's attracted to is - kind of hypocritical.

Nevertheless, I wonder now being that the topic is here - how many possible good matches could have been made had there not be a form of prejudice against age? Now with just me - but with many who find themselves in the situation. Answering her question - I think a lot of older men are scared of the social ramifications that come with it.

idk -

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

:SuN049: Really? Cause I've never had any older men scared to come at me...Those men would be and still be all in my ear.

One older gentlemen always comes up to me in my ear like "Hey, hey, I got a 'story' I want to tell you."

And you said you two (the 39 year old woman) messed around, but did you actually have a committed relationship? Where that was your girlfriend and you were her man?

Because I see "cougars" and older men who date younger women they see this as more of a sexual thing and where they can groom this younger person into the boy-toy or what have you for the girl.

We were with each other for 1year - and I was in love with this woman - but then I found out that she was on that stuff (crack) - so I had to go.

I will never forget - our connection was very strong - Cancer / Scorpio .... but it was the drugs that messed it up. If I could have stated with her I would - I'm' now 39 and to this day I think I may have grown into another relationship - but that goes on with young people who grow from relationship to relationship -

Peace and Blessing

Ru2religious

:SuN049: Really? Cause I've never had any older men scared to come at me...Those men would be and still be all in my ear.

One older gentlemen always comes up to me in my ear like "Hey, hey, I got a 'story' I want to tell you."

lol!!!

I was speaking possibly in her case - while at the same time how many older men have walked away from you and you not having any idea in the world that they were attracted to you -

Peace and Blessing

Ru2religious

My momma was into older men. When she met my dad she was only 18 and dad was 38. The reasoning she gave was, because older men are more settled and established, this is what attracted her to my father. She was not the parting/traveling type of young women. She knew early on what she wanted and i guess that was to find a good mature man she could settle down with.

Imo, depending on the mind set and compatibility between the two, i see nothing wrong with it. Although i think younger people should enjoy their youth a little more before seeking out older partners. Youth can be exciting in that way. There may be things your youth inspires you to do, while an older person whose been there done that no longer care to go and/or do. This could put a damper in the relationship. But if you're one of those younger people with an older soul, "Go Get Yo Man!"

My momma had 7 kids with my dad. She stayed with him until death. Some years after that she married again and to another older gentlemen. She was one of those old souls in a youth's body. Of course we were all grown when my dad passed. I think younger women married to older men is a better fit.

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back