sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Truthfully, there is never a reason to harbor hate. Confucius once said, "If you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves," and I believe this to be true. It can only bring you down if you concentrate on negativity instead of the present.

That being said, I don't agree with the comment you put in there that all economical/social disadvantages are simply in the brains of the Black American, and therefore only exist when believed in. While yet again, the idea that if you concentrate on negativity you bring it, there are just some facts about life that are simply true.

It is simply true for example, that many Black youth are targeted by the judicial system. They are more likely to be tried as adults and sent to adult prisons, statistically. They are more likely to be felonized, and we all know how useless you are to society as an ex felon. We are thirty percent of the population, and yet 60 percent of the prison population. The average black family is worth around $6,000 and the average white family is worth around $60,000. (http://www.americanprogress.org/iss...or-and-criminal-justice-in-the-united-states/)
(http://www.blackstarproject.org/home/images/facts/deepeningplightblackmeninamerica.pdf)

When your parents have connections (which implies a career and probably previous schooling), money, assets, and a certain living environment (most likely your own house in a quiet neighborhood where no one bothers anyone else for anything), then I believe it does sort of give an advantage to reaching that dream of having a house full of stuff.

I suppose that could really lead to, yes we are at a disadvantage, but are we actually playing the game? And should we feel that we are not successful in life if we don't? Is how white people live there life a definition of success?

I realize this is a little off-topic, and I certainly don't hate white people for it...I use all advantages I am given as well. That one portion just stuck out to me.

We are 13% of the population! :) The Bible teaches that there is a time for every season, "...a time to kill and a time to heal,...a time to love and a time to hate,...a time for war and a time for peace,...", Ecclesiastes 3. ;) I HATE RACISTS because of the evil that they have done and continue to do. Remember Trayvon Martin? :mad:

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
still can't post polls

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table