Black People : How Good Students & Successful Blacks Reflect Poorly On Black Americans

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by medusanegrita, Sep 22, 2010.

1. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    A discussion I was having elsewhere, sharing my comments here.

Note: the above isn't from the article but was posted in relation to this picture on fb The article is seperate.

My comments/concerns:

2. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    I see what you're saying, but you could just as easily say...
    "If black 7 year olds can pass A-level maths how come most white kids can't handle the exam till their 18 - God whites must be dumb"....

I always liked the Cosby show - think it was probably on over here years after it was in America - with my father being a doctor and a jazz freak a bit like Cosby - but like you say remembering back I don't think race was ever really mentioned on the series.

3. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    :SuN049: Ah, that is great, I love it!

Again, never thought about a comeback like that because blacks have been so conditioned to think we are the ones always lacking, that we can't muster or measure up. Every statistic they put out there shows that we are academically behind whites, and asians. Latinos are below us but it seems it's only like that because there's still a smaller number to that group than blacks. When whites fail, it's never seen as their collective racial failure but an individual failure.... so that rubuttal would not have came to me because I've also been conditioned to see white failure as individual, not collective.

But that was a really good one :toast:

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    Many things have to be factored in, whenever somebody brings up the accomplishments etc. of the better educated black kids...

Many things also shouldn't be factored out, when it comes to the less well off ones, too...

Otherwise I fail to see the direct connecton between the two, unless you're implying and suggesting the achievement of the first also could be a reflection of the second, i. e., if the second was giving the same backing etc.

At best, that's an idealized viewpoint, when the facts reveal any number of the harsh realities they have to cope and deal with, i. e., living in single female headed households, biological fathers seldom (if ever) another presence in their lives, etc., etc., etc.

Simply put:

None of us who truly need and/or want to make a difference in the lives of the second group can or will, i. e., as long as we react or overreact to the misinformation being based on the class/social/racial biases of others, rather than base whatever we do or say on what we already know and understand about our children from our own life etc. experiences...

Yes some can learn:

But others must truly be able and willing to do whatever it takes to teach them...

They only become the victims of other folks b. s. by the way of default...

:10500:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I always say mental awareness and self determination and you can concour whatever before you !
    Just like guts and glory without them both one will lack the full potential, this what many
    of our children as well many of us has become and accept on countless reasons .

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    Up to a concern point:

Our ideas etc., more or less theories...

Instead what share our practice(s) be?

We'll hardly motivate anybody else to actually do things, via these sort of expose like headlines etc., i. e., which some resort to in order to generate interest via their discuss/debate/etc. threads, too...

Otherwise what can and will get others to contribute/to actually get involved/etc., has to come from within, from the getgo...

This continues to be about what we do and say to inspire and motivate other black folk in the states to make a difference...

This can't and shouldn't be about what we claim or say to dispute our peoples enemies...

At this late date:

That's besides the point and/or a waste of our time etc.

:10500: