AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
How I brought Faith into my Life
By Andre Austin
Bringing faith into my life has been difficult like some of the mythical task that were given to Heracles. My parents didn’t raise me up in a church, so I had to learn about religion basically all on my own. I’m thankful that I didn’t receive formal instructions about any religions as a child because I might not have developed a strong taste of curiosity and appreciation for all religions. Being denied a thing makes you craze for it.
When I got out of high school I felt cheated because I knew nothing of Black history. I also felt neglected from my parents because they just feed physical instead of spiritual food to eat with no concept of any faiths on its plates. With these two voids in my life I planned on going to the library and buying books from catalogs through the mail. After years of checking books out of the library and buying books from minimum wage jobs, I started stumbling upon cross cultural similarities of the ancient Egyptian religion and Christianity.
It’s my aim to demonstrate and explain how I developed and discovered what faith is, how faith has developed my concept of Jesus of Nazareth and how faith affected my understanding of Christian and Egyptian law.
Definition of Faith
I developed my understanding of faith in an unorthodox manner. I learned about Christianity by cross comparisons of the ancient Egyptian religion. The Egyptian concept of faith was a symbol of an eye. This eye couldn’t see because Amen/faith was invisible and concealed. The Christian concept of faith was unseen and the second root word of faith in Hebrew is Aman. Aman means to support or to trust (Butler, 1991, p 469). Aman is very close to Amen which can be spelled Amun or Amon too. Hearing Christians say Amen while a minister, priest or revered give a speech comes in the context of support just like the word Aman means. Many Christians are taught to believe that Amen means “so be it”. The definition of Amen should be broader to include terms like truth and faith. The definition of Christian faith goes hand and hand with the Egyptian Amen and has it roots in ancient Egypt religious thought.
Concrete Experience. Every time I find out something new I get the exciting feelings like I won some gold medal in the Olympics. I like writing about topics that everyone else ignores because it shines individual light on my own originality. I’m full of joy when I can be original and independent without imitating others. But, being original has its risk in the academic community. By coming up with new concepts and ideas, that are ignored in the main stream, it opens me up to be called a crank or insane. Insanity broadly has a compass that direct people into thinking like no one else. But the chance of contributing positive information about Black history outweighs the potential ridicule and hostility from others who are unkindly to links and connections between the Egyptian and Christian religion. Some religious associations, not all, teach religious intolerance leaving no dialogue of all concepts of faith and spirituality. The other attack comes from the academic community that hostile to links between western philosophy, science and Christianity. This hostility maybe also due to the past years Africans and people of color have been held in subservient status internationally and cultural annihilation. Back in the days of slavery we were taught that Black people didn’t have a soul/spirituality. The slaves proved them wrong by conducting themselves like gentlemen and ladies and attempting to learn about the Bible orally or written. If slaves learn how to read the written word of the Bible, it carried a risk of losing body parts or life. The aftermath of slavery still has it cycle of denying that Africans played a part in the Bible. But no one can avoid the fact that Jewish religious history begins in Egypt. And if its true that Christianity concept of faith originates in African philosophy, it will inevitably deflates western religious arrogance. This isn’t to replace arrogance with arrogance but eradication of ignorance. Different ethic groups treat each other better when they know about their own culture along side other peoples culture.
Reflective Observation. Looking back, I’ve come up with a plan to share my thoughts with others in an almost airtight web of documentation of facts. If I reference all of my findings no one can say I’m making up stuff out of the thin air. No one can call me a crank or insane if I quote Herodotus, the so called father of history or other Christians for that matter. It’s very difficult to explain a complex concept like faith and compare it to an obscure religion that most people are unaware of. The religious temples and schools were closed by the Roman Emperor Theodosius, a Christians, in the 4th century AD. Only 1% of the Egyptian population could read and write and they were mostly priest executed under Theodosius edits. The reading of hieroglyphic writings was a dark mystery from Theodosius time on until 1799 when french engineers found the Rosetta Stone that was a translation of ancient Egyptian into Greek. Another 23 years was needed for Jean Francois Champollion was able to convert hieroglyphic writing into an alphabetical value for us to read in modern language. So for a thousand plus years no one was able to make any solid comparisons of Christianity with the ancient Egypt religion. Maybe if all the priest weren’t killed off and none of their books burned the hostility between the comparisons wouldn’t be so hot as it is now? What if Blacks weren’t held as slaves by the United States, now a superpower, would the past contribution African-civilization be minimize as it is now. For example: its true we are given a national black history month in February but the history of us only begins in 1619 when we were brought here as slaves and only Martin Luther King Jr (MLK) is highlighted. Just the other day I received an email from a white journalist from a local paper telling me Black History Month should be expanded just from MLK. The media and schools should do a better job disseminating information by and about black people not just from 1619 but from 0 (prehistory) to what’s happening now in 2005 and how it relates not just to the dominant ethnic group but as a universal whole.
Abstract Concepts. I neglected myself in college and out in my pursuit to find myself and my people in Black history. Instead of buying clothes I bought books. I didn’t hang out and go to parties because I was too busy with my nose in books. It took me awhile before I started to see similes of the Egyptian Amen and the Christian Amen/faith. Once I saw one similitude I started to consciously look for others. I was always told Amen meant “so be it”, taken from (Numbers:5:18 King James Version). However, some bible dictionaries say Amen is Hebrew for “Truth” or confirmatory response at the close of prayer meaning “may it be so” (Thomas, 1964, p.13). I’m probably right when I said that the Christian congregation saying Amen during a minister’s speech they are in effect giving support to what they believe is the Truth. In the book of John Jesus is often quoted saying verily, verily (verily is synonymous with truth) before giving a speech. Some Christians (Catholics) teach in their Catechism that Amen means truth. The Catholics say: Amen has the same root words of Believe, trustworthiness, faithfulness. “In the book of the prophet Isaiah, we find the expression ‘God of truth’ (literally ‘God of the Amen”(Catechism, 1994, pp 298-299). The Catholics also say that Jesus is called Amen in (Rev 3:14 and 2 Cor 1:20. The first deals with Amen as truth and the last is Amen as spirit. Likewise the Egyptian Amen is associated with the wind/spirit (James, 1954, p.75). The Egyptian Amen is also associated with truth. Amen-Ra lived upon truth and created the first divine matter, (Maat i.e truth and law), which gave birth unto subsequent divine matter in which the world came into existence (Budge, 1969, p.13). We know the spirit and the word (truth) were active ingredients God and Jesus used to create the world. “These things saith Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God” (Rev 3:14). The Egyptians said the same thing but just said it differently. St. Paul goes on to say “By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible” (Hebrews 11:3). So faith was believing in the unseen spirit of Amen. Plutarch gave the same definition when he said: “Moreover, most people believe Amen is the name given to Zeus in the land of the Egyptians...when they, therefore, address the supreme god, whom they believe to be the same as the universe, as if he were invisible and concealed, and implore him to make himself visible and manifest to them, they use the word Amen” (Plutarch, 1999, p.25). In ancient Egypt if your heart was judge in the double halls of truth as true then you were called “true of voice” and the light of Amen-Ra would shine on you eternally. In Christianity you were judged according to the truth (Romans 2:2). In the Bible God shines the light upon our hearts (2 Cor 4:6) and takes our Amen/belief to his father so that we can become Children of Light inside the gated City of Lights.
Active Experimentation. I have future plans to organize my thoughts and get all of it on paper in a logical manner and present my work to a potential publisher. Publishing a book is an excellent way to share your thoughts with other cultures. I’m also attempting to seek employment as an assistant teacher. I want to get experience working in a school system so I can be a counselor. Many youths lack a knowledge of self and spirituality. I got highly interested in faith when I saw links with Black history. Maybe I can pass this on orally as a counselor and by the written word with my future book I intend on publishing.
Conclusion
Being raised outside of a church as a child fermented an insatiable appetite for learning Black history and spirituality. I didn’t have a closed mind because I wasn’t drilled with any religious dogma or racial intolerance. Studying both of these subjects at the same time allowed me to bump into many spiritual similar .I wanted to know Black history because I was never told of our contributions to civilization. I’m very frustrated at the academic and religious communities because both are denying any legacies from Africa. The religious communities are intolerant and the academic community is puffed with a bunch of hot air of hostility and arrogance. In spite of all of this I’m documenting the fact that African countries had similar beliefs. In my studies I saw no deviation between the basic Christian concept of Amen/faith with its ancient Egyptian counterpart. Can I get an Amen

AMEN & CREATION
In the Bible there is two versions of creation. The first creation account invokes the name of Elohim and the second Jehovah. Elohim is linked with Amen and Jehovah with Aten.
1.E: The earth emerges from the waters. It is saturated with moisture.
2.J.&A.: The world is at first a dry plain. There was no vegetation, because "the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth

The reason these two creation stories are referred as Elohistic and Jehovistic is because of the different Hebrew names used in speaking of the deity in the two documents or classes of documents from which our present accounts were derived. In the first story of creation the Hebrew word Elohim was originally used in referring to the Supreme Being. Elohim, translated literally The Gods, is rendered God in our present bible. In the second story the original Hebrew word for God was Jehovah or Jehovah Elohim, literally the God of Gods, rendered in the King James version of the bible as the Lord God.

The Myth: In the beginning God created the heaven and earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Gen. 1:1-2) So we see that“By God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water” 2 Peter 3:5. So the voice/the word was water but we know that voice has to be activated by air/spirit. Revealations does say Jesus/Amen voice/words is like water. Plutarch associated Horus with the wind and pregnancy. The character of Horus is almost the same as Jesus.

The word translated as “Spirit” in the phrase “Spirit of God” appears in the original Hebrew as “Ruach”, and it doesn’t mean “Spirit”-it signifies wind or violent exhalation. The genesis author of this creation story accepted the Egyptian (Theban) tradition that the primary creator was identified with the wind. They simply changed the Egyptian god’s name of Amen to the Hebrew elohim and described him as ruach ,the wind.But when it came time to write the New Testament Amen’s name was restored as the creator. “Amen, the faithful and true witness,the beginning of the creation of God”-Rev 3:14. We know in Egypt Amen created truth/Maat. “From time immemorial Egyptians worshiped the god Amen, the hidden one, manifest in the wind which bloweth where it listeh (heard) and thou hearest the sound thereof…Amen,the wind, was also, as breath, the mysterios source of life in man” (Frankfort p.22). Now I see the NT theology when they lifted Egyptian texts and thoughts that faith/Amen comes by hearing the word and rebirth by the word and the elements; worshiping god in spirit and in truth. “Persons who assembled to pay tribute to Jehovah were accustomed to shout Amen (it is true or so be it) at intervals (Garrison p.69). . Plutarch stated: “the name “Zeus/Amen” to the Wind.If you were created by the word, air/spirit/wind and water then your reborn through the same elements.

In the Theban creation scheme, After Amen ( I.E, the wind) initiated Creation, he first appeared in the form of the four primary elements. He next appeared in the form of Ptah/Thoth, the Creator god of Memphis, who initiated creation by speaking a command (Word). This is the same sequence as in the Genesis account, where the “wind” issues forth a spoken command, but the biblical author has eliminated any reference to Ptah as the speaker and merged the Memphite Creator deity (Ptah/Thoth) with the Theban creator deity (Amen). This distinction, however, is only cosmetic, since the Theban view “Amen the wind, and Ptah the speaker are both forms of the same deity. You may not be able to find Ptah/Thoth in Genesis but in the writings of Solomon you can see Solomon trying to be like Thoth. Jesus seems to know Thoth in the New Testament as a Bird (Iblis). Solomon claimed to have helped god create the heavens and the earth.

Memphite theology says “For the very great one is Ptah, who gave life to all the gods and their kas (Spirit) through his heart (mind) and through this tongue (Word in which Horus (Jesus) had taken shape as Ptah, in which Thoth had taken shape as Ptah”. If you read the Gospel of John first chapter God is the Word, truth and light; in which no man hath see god (amen ,the hidden one) at anytime; the only begotten son (sun), which is in the bosom (side/heart) of the father” John 1:1-18. For Ptah/Thoth he was the mind of the universe of thoughts creating everything. Light was an emanation from his heart, his influence pervaded all nature, through his breath of life every creature lived and power resided in the word of his mouth,. That such lofty spiritual conceptions were evolved by the priests of Memphis and Thebes about 4,000 years before the Christian era.

Some translate Bosom as side, or chest, heart. Solomon claims he was “The craftman at his (God) side” Proverbs 8:30.In Egypt the creation myths employed magic, wisdom (heka) in constructing the heavens and earth. Solomon mentions wisdom (Khochmah) which is so often mentioned by Solomon as the helper of God at creation (Prov 8:22). So it appears that Jesus is a form of Amen,Thoth, Ptah, Horus Etal. The Bible/Solomon says Psalm 33:6 and 9. “By the word of the lord were the heavens made”. Horus says that "I am equipped with thy words O Ra (the father of heaven) and repeat them to those who are deprived of breath. These were the words of the father in heaven." Jesus speaks with much the same feeling when he says "The Father which sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. Whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me."

Thoth also had the “crown of Shu”. Shu was a god of light/air. Shu was responsible for giving life (air) to the dead and living.Shu was responsible for bringing light out of the air. Verse 7 -9 relate to a sentence in the Egyptian hierogyphics that states: “Maat (truth) goddesses have hearkened, and Shu (light/air) hath borne witness”-Gods of the Egyptians Volume 2 p.92. If you read in Genesis 1:2 God’s spirit (Shu/air) was in existence before light. As we have seen Jesus, Ptah have these same attributes. Jesus was the light of the world and his other name Joshua is Shu in the short form.

If Jesus called on to Eli before he died was he calling on elohim. If you read the Lost book of Peter he called on to Power. El is another word for power.When Jesus said My God/Eli My God/Eli why has thou forshaken me (Matthew 27:46) this was taken from OT writings in Psalm 22:1;12;15 where we see “My God, my god, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring..they gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and roaring lion…my strength is dried up”. As we read the Psalm some of the context is talking about jesus power. If you go to Holomon dictionary El is another word for power. El is short for Elohim. As we already know Elohim is a substitue for Amen. El is called a strange, pagan god. If Jesus called upon Elohim he was in violation of Moses who was linked with Jehovah/Aten. Moses wrote of Jesus as a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death (Deuteronomy 18:20). Many Bible commentaries say Moses in the above quote was talking about Jesus. So if Jesus did not live in the time of Herod and Pilate then the candidate for revealing Jesus name was King Tut who named himself after Aten then switched back to Amen.

References
Budge, E (1969). The Gods of the Egyptians V.2. New York: Dover Publications.
Butler,T (Ed.). (1991) Holman Bible Dictionary. Tennessee: Holman Bible Publishers
Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994). New York: Doubleday.
James,G. (1954) Stolen legacy. Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press, Inc.
Nelson, T (1978) Nelson’s Illustrated Bible dictionary. New York: Thomas Nelson Pub.
Garrison, W (1968) Strange Facts about the Bible. New York: testament Books
Frankfort, H: (1961), Ancient Egyptian Religion

Paul said that “the just shall live by Faith”-Hebrews 10:38 . I thought Jesus said we would be sustain by the holy comforter/parakletos. Well it’s the same thing .Paraklete in the heavenly court 1 John 2 (see Holman Bible Dictionary). Jesus like Horus is an advocate for us in court were our words convict/acquit or find us true of voice in the double halls of truth/Amen (Matthew 12:37). Why else invoke the word Just (justice in court) which is the same context of Hebrews 10:38 and 1 John 2. The Comforter is also the Holy spirit/breath the vital existence of a human being in which the Egyptian Amen is linked with. “The Comforter is the holy Ghost/Spirit” John 14:26 and a “spirit of truth” John 14:17. All of this just proves that like in Egypt Amen was truth, and spirit just like it was in Christianity. Amen spirit of truth created the world in Christian teaching based on Egyptian texts. The expanded definitions of words like faith, Amen and spirit compliment each other without contradicting religious theology.
Isaiah 7:14, "the Lord (Adon/Aten is used here) himself shall give you a sign ... His name shall be called Immanuel." Immanuel transliterated back into Egyptian reads Amun-u-el meaning "his (u) god (el) is Amun. This proves the link between El and Amen.

Psalm 22:15-19 My strength (El/power?) is dried up …But you, O Lord, be not far off; O my strength (El,Power?) come quickly to help me.

The Lost Gospel According to Peter is an apocryphal book left out of the bible states that Jesus said on the cross “My power, my power, thou hast forsaken me”.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back