Ethiopia : How Ethiopian Scientist Unearth 3.3-Million-Year-Old Child

In the Spirit of Sankofa Science,

... Truth continues to be revealed:

How Ethiopian Scientist Unearth 3.3-Million-Year-Old Child

Ethiopian-Scientist-Zeray-Alemseged.jpg

Ethiopian scientist Zeray Alemseged

AFRICANGLOBE – It was another December afternoon back in 2000, spent like hundreds of others combing the rocky hills of the Dikika region, when Ethiopian scientist Zeray Alemseged heard one of his assistants nearby calling him.
“He said ‘oh, doctor I see something there,’” recalls Alemseged, who’d been excavating the hot and dry landscape for over a year, helped only by a small inexperienced crew of locals. “And I went there and I see the cheek bone part … sticking out of the rock. I turned it upside down and my jaw literally dropped.”
Instantly, Alemseged realized this was an extraordinary discovery that could make scientific history.

Ethiopian-Scientist-Zeray-Alemseged-Early-Human.jpg

Ethiopian-Scientist-Zeray-Alemseged-Discovery-e1370178939197.jpg

Skeletal remains of “Selam,” a three-year-old girl who died 3.3 million years ago. She is the earliest skeleton of an African child ever found.

http://www.africanglobe.net/africa/ethiopian-scientist-unearth-3-3-million-year-child/

Peace In,

Abdu "Selam"

I will share this with my students.

3 millins years? IDK…..

What's the problem jamesfrmphilly? Regardless of the aging process used for determination, the find represents another milestone for the those of us in the black diaspora. Another piece of the puzzle, another gap filler of "his-story" for human archives.

What's the problem jamesfrmphilly? Regardless of the aging process used for determination, the find represents another milestone for the those of us in the black diaspora. Another piece of the puzzle, another gap filler of "his-story" for human archives.
we don't need bad science….

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back