Black Spirituality Religion : How does one find out who their Ancestors were?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ANGELIC SOUL, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am on a spiritual journey. I am very interested in knowing how does one find out who their african ancestors were? I have done study on Yoruba, and a couple of other African religions and have not found my "niche". Is there anyone who can help a sista with this task? I want to incorporate my ancestors into my belief system and my earth based worship. Who has some ideas?

Shadow Walker (also known as) lady bastet

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Greetings Sista,

Its been a while. I wish I could say this easier, but like Nike, "JUST DO IT." Incorporate them, using your own intuition. They will guide the way into other aspects. Don't rush yourself into anything. Continue doing what you do, but just acknowledge, show reverence and celebrate. I believe you are already doing that. Release your anxiety. You are on your path.

Ase!
    Blackbird

3. ANGELIC SOUL

Ratings:
    +2
    Your wonderful

Thank you Blackbird, your words on encouragement are wonderful to see, your right I am on my path and celebrating what I believe to be and I have been told are the Orisha! I want to share more, I value your opinion. Let me know if you have ears to hear..LOL

Stay sweet and filled with peace and love

Shadow Walker: Lady bastet

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Sister,

I would enjoy hearing your experiences. I love to share. Shadow Walker? I like it. Sounds similar to mine - Blackbird or the Raven. The Raven is known in Native American contexts, especially the Pacific Northwest, as a shape-shifter and my guardian totem is a shape-shifter. My grandfather was Penataka Comanche (Nerm) and they are of the Shoshonean branch from Wyoming. The stories of Raven traveled down to them. Raven protects me and guides me as the Grandfather Warrior Spirit of my ancestors. In one encounter, Raven protected me from Coyote, the Trickster. Shadow Walker, I'm sure you have some exciting tales and stories to communicate.

Ase!
    Blackbird

5. ANGELIC SOUL

Ratings:
    +2
    Travels revealed soon!

Hello my friend. Wow, what knowledge you have. I find that to be awesome. I have no clue what my totem is? One day I shall find it.

I will relate to you an experience I have had in travel. Probably later on this week. I need to gather my energies. I am in a place of rest at the moment but will share more this week.

Blessing be unto you!

Shadow