Black Relationships : How does a woman know if a man likes her or not?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by chauntrice, Dec 2, 2005.

1. chauntrice

chauntrice New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I have this Question

You see Im still a young buck and I have a pretty face Im a little chubby but I have all the curves in the right places I stay in this town full of White people and it seems like to me the brothers don't even pay the sisters any attention down here. But when I go to a bigger city I get attention but the guys i choose to talk to only seem to want one thing. I'm up for improvement and im feeling like i need some one thats going to be there for me in the long run. Im shy so I don't have any way of going about approacking someone that I like. I just wanna know how i know if a man likes me or just wants to sleep with me and i thought since yall were dudes you could tell me.

Thanks

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    He will tell you with action and iniative. Not Words.

3. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm a woman, but I'll answer this anyway. :)

You can't really know until you date the person for awhile.

Old-fashioned people say withholding sex can help determine if he likes you for more. Does this work? Can't say... but withholding it too long can make both parties frustrated sexually, especially if one doesn't agree with that. So you have to go with your gut on that one... but usually if the guy is still interested even after that, you can be assured he really likes you. Ultimately, time will be the best indicator of determining whether or not a man wants something more from a woman.

So my advice is be patient, have fun and use protection if you decide to have sex. Follow your intiution, but don't necessarily dismiss someone because they appeared too forward or not forward enough.

4. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Chauntrice

The one thing I can tell you if you're a female is to never call yourself a "young buck".

But you can't separate a man being attracted to you from the sexual aspect, might as well get used to it...or get a puppy. You may want a man to like you for your intellect or personality, but the first thing that will attract him is your looks and sexuality.
    Then comes the other stuff.

To answer your question though, most men over 20 will make a lot of eye-contact and joke with you if they find you attractive.

I could be having a bad day but when I see a woman I'm attracted to a smile almost immediately jumps on my face and without thinking I find myself trying to flirt and joke with her.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

If a Brother really has a thing for you other than the sexual innuendo he will joke and talk to you about just about everything besides sex. That means he is interested in other things and trying to get to know you on an intellectual or spiritual level. As far as Brothers not giving you the right kind of attention, I have a similar experience with Sisters but I just do things that I enjoy and if I meet someone interesting in the process I trust my intuition.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    If....

He asks you out and takes you out regular, I think it's a safe bet, he likes you. The exception to this is if he's a dealer or very well off.

Btw, in most cases, actions speak volumes