Pan Africanism : How do you support Palestine or Israel (and why?)

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by ifasehun, Oct 18, 2003.

?

Do you support Palestine or Israel

1. I support the rights of Palestine.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I support the zionist movement of Israel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I dont follow international news, so I dont know how this conflict impacts me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Delete

2. uzoka

uzoka Well-Known Member MEMBER

writer
    Ratings:
    +8
    Another example of racist European arrogance and deception.

The land belongs to the palestinians!

3. Sopdet

Sopdet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Black Palistineans

Many people might be shocked on this forum,but black Palistineans exist around Jerusalem. Most black Palistineans live around Jerico,Gaza,and other regions. I have personally meet these people that tell me their desendants either come from slaves or from bedouin tribes from hijza. I have an article about them,but I cannot post it in the forum,because of copyright infringments.

If you are interested in the article,I can email it to you by email,or private message.

4. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Hold on...What the HELL!!! Why should we care or sympathize with the way Palestinians are being treated by Isreal. What's there struggel got to do with us black people. Yes the state of Israel one of the most racist countries on earth. But don't you know that the Arabs are equally racist especially when it comes to black people. Just as the europeans use the "N" word to try and dehumanize and enslave us, the Arabs have there own word: Abeed! Arabs are not our friends, nor the europeans, the chinese or whoever. We are our only friends the sooner we learn it the better. The conversion of so many African Americans (especailly males) to Islam really frieghtens me. If they could only understand that Islam has traditionally been spread through Africa in the form of Jihad and enslavement. This notion that somehow "Islam is the religion of the black man" is rubbish. Islam is no more the religion of the black man than Christianity. Till this day Arabs are still enslaving Africans and shipping them back to their countries. I don't know about you but these are no the kind of people I want to be accociating as my friends. In the case of the Israeli Palestinian conflict I say: "The enemy of my enemy is STILL my enemy."

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chukwuemeka, welcome to our forums. I hope you enjoy your time here and continue to share your knowledge and opinions with us. You raise interesting points in your messages about issues that I know very little about. But reading your messages have sparked my curiousity.

I've often wondered what it is that Blacks find interesting about Islam and why they gravitate toward it. Do they feel a philosophical connection, but what is the most important attraction? On a more simple level, I've questioned why anyone would want to join fraternities/sororities with Greek names? What is the most significant attraction to wanting to associate with people under that kind of title?

I see no one challenging your point about Arabs and how they, as a people, perceive and treat Africans, which if what you say is true, would cause me serious concern about supporting them simply because they are fighting against a faction of people that are oppressing them. Just how supportive are they of our struggle?

Sopdet wrote that there are Black Palestinians...whose roots stem from slaves and Bedouin tribes. This gets so complicated doesn't it and makes it difficult for some to understand who to trust and support. After all, hasn't it been pointed out more times than I can count that Africa is the root of civilization?

But somewhere along the evolution chain there came the white man and things changed because then race became an issue along with power and greed. Is the world made up of white people, then there is everyone else? Do we assume that any enemy of white people is our friend and therefore, deserves our support? Is it that simple? I dare say that is hardly true.

If all enemies of whites successfully banned together and defeated Europeans, then what? Would there still be a pie and if so, how will it then be sliced?

I don't know...these are just some very random thoughts about our perceptions of the world and us as a people.

Peace.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    A good number of Palestinians happen to be CHRISTIANS!

7. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    [
    I know y'all mad. But, this is a nice respectable civbilized forum. No bad words, please.

Try the facts that we have been abused, mistreated, exploited and oppressed by the same type pigs that the zionists are for the past 500 years. Besides, as good Christians and Muslims and Jews, we believe in fairness and justice for everybody.

Look at a map. Palestine is on the front doorsteps of Africa. The zionists have a history of attacking us. We have not and will not forget that.

Tell me something new, Baaaabe. Tell me that ya' loooo-ove me.

No "buts", Sugar. That is almost a bad word around these parts.

Lie.
    Lie, again.
    What exactly does abid mean? It sure is not the n-word. AAAHHHHHHH! Now I see, said the blind man "Abeed" is a stupidization of Abd. Right? To understand its meaning, drop the vowels and get Abd. Abd is a very, very common name in all Islamic cultures. It has absolutely nothing to do with "race" or ethnicity. It simply means slave.

It means slave. But in Islamic cultures, slave is not a bad thing. Abd usually means Slave of Allah (This is a compliment, not an insult.) For instance the Kings of Jordan and Saudi Arabia are named Abdullah. Sound like the n-word to you? You need hearing aids.

Lie, again. (http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/499/profile.htm). His Excellency Gamal Abd (there's that n-word, again) el-Nasser, the first president of Egypt supported the African Independence movement from day-one. He had to. Afterall, Egypt is a part of Africa. The Redeemer of Africa Osagyfo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and el-Nasser were very close friends and collaborators. In fact they were more than friends, they were and are extended family. In this case, there is no discontinuity between Arab and African. (http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/499/profile.htm)

It took you a while, but you finally got it right. Once.

Wrong., again. (http://english.people.com.cn/200606/25/eng20060625_277236.html. And, allafrica.com/stories/200604250832.html ) W
    Wrong, again. As a matter of fact, you are more than than wrong. A casual knowledge of history shows you to be an outright liar. I can understand your Islamophobia, however. Too many of us Muslims are Abd's. That means too many of us are Slaves of Allah. When one is a Slave of Allah, one can be a slave of no man. As for Jihad, I seem to recall that it were the African Muslims who took Jihad to Europe, all the way to Spain and Albania and the former Soviet Union. History is our best teacher.

What was Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) if not a Black man?

Both Islam and Christianity are rooted in Africa, as is Judaism.

I greet you with the Ancient Words of Peace: As-Salam Alaikum.