Black People : How do you stay encouraged, when it's dwindling, almost gone?

Peace and Blessings Family,

How do you stay encouraged, when it's dwindling, almost gone?

What tactics do you employ? What do you tell yourself? How do you keep going?

With so many of us facing overwhelming and almost daily challenges and obstacles, what advice or suggestion would you give, to help one remain encouraged?

Thanks in advance!

:heart:

Destee

In moments when I acknowledge my vulnerability, I take encouragement that the strength of a woman is emphasized when she is able to be completely receptive to the universal intent of growth and change.

Sometimes when my courage falters, I remember that reeds bend in the strong wind, and that flexibility is a form of endurance whose purpose is to outlast the storm. I tell myself it's okay to waver, as long as it means I can hold on, and keep holding on until I outlast my adversary.

I also find that thinking back on the hardest times of my life makes me realize that, if I was strong enough to get through those seemingly impossible tests and trials of the past, then surely what ever is facing me now can't take me down either.

Keep your head up.

P.

With so many of us facing overwhelming and almost daily challenges and obstacles, what advice or suggestion would you give, to help one remain encouraged?

Thanks in advance!

Destee

I pray...I always talk to my mom...or both my parents.

I used to drink...and drink hard to numb whatever situation was occurring in my life...and of course that never solves anything, and if anything else made the situation worse.

My daughter always takes the pain away...I don't tell her my problems or anything like that...but her presence, her smile, her laughter, her voice makes anything and everybody disappear...

I've gone through so much in my life that I reflect on what I've gone through and weigh out what I've been through and what I'm presently going through, and I tell myself that I've gotten through that, so I know I can get through this.

Sometimes I just cry it all out.

Sometimes I scream it out.

Other days I just deal with it...and shrug it off.

How do I keep going?
I just do...Giving up for me is not an option. There are days when I want to throw in the towel and say "F" it...walk away from everything and everybody and throw myself off an overpass onto a freeway...But fear of death prevents me and fear of God prevents me....plus I have too much of fighter inside of that I couldn't....and I could never ever put my daughter or parents through that.

I know overall...I get through it for my daughter...She's my purpose...God gave her to me because I think if I didn't have her, I would have taken up the opportunity to throw myself off that overpass.

What encouragement I can give to others?
If you can't be strong for yourself, at least be strong for the person you love the most.
Ask yourself, "How will you know if your life will get better if you give up on life?" The only way you will know is if you keep on going.

Thanks in advance!

Destee

write it out.. make a list.. make plan.. break it down into actions to be taken day by day.. and just do it.. no encouragement necessary. Life is about action... so act.

Thanks in advance!

Destee

How do I stay encouraged?

My daughter, good friends and a few family members.

Most importantly, my students. I can't really explain how much, but its my students, above all else, that keep me going.

I have a group of students from Ethiopia and Egypt. I teach them and they teach me. One of them brought me her progress report yesterday. Straight A's. That's what keeps me going. Knowing that I am making a difference in someone's life.

The only advice I can give of a general nature is "tough it out and stick to your grind". The Destroyer comes in many forms. Don't let it get you down. Don't let it beat and defeat you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back