Violaters / Violations : How Do You See The Council Operating - What Will it Do?

^^^
OR...the alleged victim could just pony up their copy-pasted excerpts of past dialogue and cut out the middle-men.

So, will everyone be given an internet lawyer or...is that just for 'special cases' or....*laugh*
How long will this 'process' take?
I don't need 'representation'. Let's talk hypotheticals: If I had an issue, serious enough to warrant moderator intervention (can I be honest)? I am absolutely not willing to put up with you people -- alongside my bootleg a--s defense attorney trying to 'remake the freakin' wheel' -- and this bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo ....
*shrug*

Unless Destee's planning to throw down some attorney fees? Cool.
...and, in that case, I hum-bly submit my username, Mimi-Belle, for consideration to a slot on the esteemed Destee.com Community Counc-il Legal Defense Team.
*laugh*

Anyway - you're example:
Honestly, bullying and abuse? This isn't an issue that needs to be touched by a forum moderating team on the internet. Sorry. Block the person. If the individual feels 'in danger', like... the person knows where she lives and is making threats? Tell her to get all forum records and direct her to the local police.

If the alleged victim is speaking to the alleged offender in a normal and non-aggressive manner, the mods should encourage the victim to sever contact/ignore. If the individual chooses to engage the person?
Fine - but they wouldn't be whining and crying about being bullied (TO ME) when they're practically courting the behavior.

On the other hand... the victim could just be 'backing the person off', so to speak? Getting the offender to socialize and converse. Chill out. When you don't know how to deal with people who are abrasive and highly inappropriate, you might try to level with them in that way. Especially if ignoring the person doesn't work.
So long as the word volley wasn't teasingly sexual on the part of the alleged victim, I'm willing to accept that explanation.
We're not the same. We all handle things differently. Just because you're trying to level with a jerk doesn't mean that you actually want or accept their treatment of you.
*shrug*

Only way to make heads or tails of your example? To understand the nature of the comments and, perhaps, a record of pm discussions, if available. Although, if other posters (plural) take notice of what's said, call it 'harrassment' (enough to say something about it and single out one poster as the aggressor)...then it's pretty obvious that the victim isn't 'just making things up'.
...and you really aren't allowed to take 'a hands off' approach at that point. You're aware. That makes it your business and your responsibility... to do something. The end.
*shrug*

ANYWHO--
How do I envision this thing working? Not sure. To me, it's just a 'something' that takes the strain off the site owner. Makes sense to me. Some tasks should be delegated.

^^^
OR...the alleged victim could just pony up their copy-pasted excerpts of past dialogue and cut out the middle-men.

Yes, but oftentimes an opening statement isn't enough. The problem with self-representation is just that. If you and I are in a personal dispute, then we both represent ourselves, what are we doing besides continuing our personal dispute?

More clearly, in the example of MsInterpret v. The-God, if both represent themselves or plea their own cases, naturally if there is harassment and abuse present, that harassment and abuse will have its own forum.

So, will everyone be given an internet lawyer or...is that just for 'special cases' or....*laugh*

From the above suggestion, one chooses a lawyer, possibly among the Councilpeople.

How long will this 'process' take?

I neglected to mention that we'd impose deadlines.

I don't need 'representation'. Let's talk hypotheticals: If I had an issue, serious enough to warrant moderator intervention (can I be honest)? I am absolutely not willing to put up with you people -- alongside my bootleg a--s defense attorney trying to 'remake the freakin' wheel' -- and this bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo ....
*shrug*

That's perfectly understandable. And yet, this is why you would be at liberty to opt-out of the Council system. The only issue is that then Destee can come by and rule however without an appeal on your behalf or an indepth review/recommendation on your behalf.

...and, in that case, I hum-bly submit my username, Mimi-Belle, for consideration to a slot on the esteemed Destee.com Community Counc-il Legal Defense Team.
*laugh*

My how quick we turn around for money. :)

Anyway - you're example:
Honestly, bullying and abuse? This isn't an issue that needs to be touched by a forum moderating team on the internet. Sorry. Block the person. If the individual feels 'in danger', like... the person knows where she lives and is making threats? Tell her to get all forum records and direct her to the local police.

I don't take harassment too seriously either. And yet, let's really look at what we are saying. Street traffic isn't too serious to a man in a helicopter, but to a man in a car it's irksome. Sometimes danger isn't relevant and most all the times the police are not your friends. If the person in the street traffic wants to talk about street traffic, it's for us to provide that forum. Just because we are on the freeway or in a helicopter or walking, doesn't mean that person ought not have a forum.

If the alleged victim is speaking to the alleged offender in a normal and non-aggressive manner, the mods should encourage the victim to sever contact/ignore. If the individual chooses to engage the person?
Fine - but they wouldn't be whining and crying about being bullied (TO ME) when they're practically courting the behavior.

I don't disagree. But again, we're in the Helicopter. It's true, we can tell a victim, look, you can turn on the freeway and traffic is lessened. And we can do that rather than leaving it to Destee to do that. And this is better too. Why? Because maybe Destee won't look at it the same way.

On the other hand... the victim could just be 'backing the person off', so to speak? Getting the offender to socialize and converse. Chill out. When you don't know how to deal with people who are abrasive and highly inappropriate, you might try to level with them in that way. Especially if ignoring the person doesn't work.

That's what the Council is there for.

Only way to make heads or tails of your example? To understand the nature of the comments and, perhaps, a record of pm discussions, if available. Although, if other posters (plural) take notice of what's said, call it 'harrassment' (enough to say something about it and single out one poster as the aggressor)...then it's pretty obvious that the victim isn't 'just making things up'.
...and you really aren't allowed to take 'a hands off' approach at that point. You're aware. That makes it your business and your responsibility... to do something. The end.
*shrug*

Precisely. As you put the responsibility on us, what do we do?

Sometimes, its not so clear-cut. The "Why?" of harassment and targeting weren't made evident. There was no collection of evidence. Who is the burden of the collection on? If you say, "Self-representation," how so? Traffic can be seen from a helicopter, the car accident or the police checkpoint may not be seen by someone in the car.

ANYWHO--
How do I envision this thing working? Not sure. To me, it's just a 'something' that takes the strain off the site owner. Makes sense to me. Some tasks should be delegated.

Precisely. But how? What is a way that's fair? It seems that you want self-representation, but realistically how will that differ from what's already in place?

*shrug*

Everybody has the same choice, and that is to leave. No one is forcing anybody to do anything, but this is about making who and what we are better. Some people are with that, some aren't.

*laugh*

You may laugh, (and don't take this the wrong way) but I've seen the type, you really don't want to put any effort towards anything. And that is cool also, you are not alone.

Anyway - you're example:

Your opinion... But banning also serves a purpose, does it not?

I agree, but since you really don't know the genesis of this particular issue, you're really talking out of ignorance.

So long as the word volley wasn't teasingly sexual on the part of the alleged victim, I'm willing to accept that explanation.
We're not the same. We all handle things differently. Just because you're trying to level with a jerk doesn't mean that you actually want or accept their treatment of you.
*shrug*

Why go through all of this, just file a police report. Isn't that what you said the member should do instead of wasting time? Looks like you put the cart before the horse.

*shrug*

Hmmmm, the last two things that I quoted from you all points to working things out, and trying different things to solve a problem. Which is in stark contrast to how you first said that you would deal with any problem.

ANYWHO--

Double speak...

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back