Black Spirituality Religion : How Do You Meditate?

PEACE,

One way could be (as already stated) to focus on your breathing, meaning slow it down little by little (relax mode). The correct posture also helps while trying to empty the mind. (1) take a deep breathe and hold it for 3 secs, then let it out (the same amount of air)! Do this a couple of times, it is the best way to slow down your breathing..........

Focusing on your naval while your eyes are closed until you feel a burning sensation is one way to get into meditating. Once you start to feel the burning sensation, you have actually tapped into another part of your mind.

After this has been done and you are feeling the sensation quicker each time, try focusing on the point between your eyes until an image appears (whatever image you like).....

Note the time when you begin and end each time, as you will see that more time has elapsed then you will realize.......

- we should all sit in the dark for at least 15 minutes a day........ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO GET RID OF STRESS - No pills & it's free to do!!!

Those of us who meditate require MUCH less sleep than those who do not....

Nothing spooky about meditating/getting to know yourself, as you will find out that you are not who you thought you were and able to do much more than you/we give ourselves credit for...........the word CAN'T will be no longer a part of your vocabulary!!!!!!!!!

Sister River I will wait for you to tell us what Medatation is............

peace

river said:
Is meditation thinking really deeply about one thing or trying really hard not to think about anything?

What is it?

Brother Samurai said it is listening to God. How do you listen to someone who has no audible voice? How do you separate the mind voice of the Creator from all the other thoughts that flow through your head as you call yourself meditating or do it for real if you know how?

Coming from a Christian background I am bringing a muddled and spooky concept to something that is probably very clear. But I don't know.

I have not had the opportunity to meditate as described on here. However, I have found that a nice warm bubble bath helps me relax both my mind and body to the point where I am able to exercise the right more spiritual side of my brain. When I am this relaxed then I am able to 'daydream' solutions to some of the issues going on in my life. Whether or not these daydreams are from God directly or simply God working indirectly through my own imagination, I cannot say.

devil'sadvocate said:
Since you are a Christian, and given the story of Jesus praying on a mountaintop, you could hike up a mountain to separate yourself from the stresses of everyday life, and reflect on your natural surroundings once the mountaintop is reached.

Or simply close the door to your room and turn the TV and/or radio off, if it's on lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back