Black People : How do you guys feel about this survivalist/stockpiling thing??

Let me stop you before you say it. I don't mean survival in the purest terms. I mean the whole survivalist subculture that people are into with hoarding food, gun, supplies etc.

I see that a lot of conservative/republican types are into it. That kinda discourages me. I'm not sure that stockpiling is really a good thing or just some delusional fantasy that the cons have made up in their heads. Most people (to my knowledge) do it in preparation for riots that will happen if the US economy gets too bad. You'll need guns to protect yourself from people looking for food/shelter etc. and food because food will either be scarce or cost too much. Depends on who you ask.

Don't get me wrong, I see the benefit of having some extra supplies around but I'm not sure that massively stockpiling them is the answer. I mean if something does go down and you have all of that stuff. If you cannot get any more you're at the mercy of how much you have. Even if you have 2 years worth of stuff, in 2 years you'll need more.

What do you guys think about this stuff? Is it worth doing? Should black people be doing this too?

I don't see anything wrong with being prepared.

However, if we, as a People, had more of a "Stone Soup" mindset and behavior, there'd be no need for guns to ward off those trying to take what you've got.

We need to help each other more instead of the "I got mine. You bettah git yours" attitude.

If some nation-wide or world-wide catastrophe should occur, we better learn how to forms some "villages" if we want to survive.

Look at Hurricane Katrina.... The media portrayed us as just rapists, looters and barbarians; but there were many Black people helping each other as well....sharing what they had with others.....that we didn't see as much as the negative images.

.....But, the media did show it when white folks was coming in to "save the black people."

I think it is smart to stock up. There could be a natural disaster or even a quarantine. Everyone should have enough supplies for six months to a year. That said, what these people are doing is a false sense of security and does nothing to foster community and peace. And without knowing how to survive for lack of a better word from scratch, what is one to do when the supply runs out or is taken? We have to consider the European mindset behind all of this. It's not a good one.

I think it is smart to stock up. There could be a natural disaster or even a quarantine. Everyone should have enough supplies for six months to a year. That said, what these people are doing is a false sense of security and does nothing to foster community and peace. And without knowing how to survive for lack of a better word from scratch, what is one to do when the supply runs out or is taken? We have to consider the European mindset behind all of this. It's not a good one.

I would take things as far as strategic location .....

And if they have guns.... I want one too. You not coming to the rest and just taking my preparations.....
Again, i say the very best thing to stockpile is an abundance of Righteous,Clear thinking Minds as close to Divine as we can get...All the supplies in the world will do no good without Wisdom,Knowledge & Understanding to survive the barbaric attacks forecast ....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back