Black People : How do you guys feel about this survivalist/stockpiling thing??

ManicRaider

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2011
Let me stop you before you say it. I don't mean survival in the purest terms. I mean the whole survivalist subculture that people are into with hoarding food, gun, supplies etc.

I see that a lot of conservative/republican types are into it. That kinda discourages me. I'm not sure that stockpiling is really a good thing or just some delusional fantasy that the cons have made up in their heads. Most people (to my knowledge) do it in preparation for riots that will happen if the US economy gets too bad. You'll need guns to protect yourself from people looking for food/shelter etc. and food because food will either be scarce or cost too much. Depends on who you ask.

Don't get me wrong, I see the benefit of having some extra supplies around but I'm not sure that massively stockpiling them is the answer. I mean if something does go down and you have all of that stuff. If you cannot get any more you're at the mercy of how much you have. Even if you have 2 years worth of stuff, in 2 years you'll need more.

What do you guys think about this stuff? Is it worth doing? Should black people be doing this too?

It can be taken way out of hand into becoming an excuse to escape personal responsibility for seeking peace on earth.

I have talked to Christians who think there is little they can do to realize Peace On Earth because, they think, this world is ruled by the devil and will be that way until Jesus returns.

Also, I have talked to white right wingers, who also think of themselves as Christians, who use survivalist themes to justify their worship of the weapons of this carnal world [guns, knives, and various other tools for killing other human beings].

I agree with both groups that our world, particularly America, is headed toward catastrophic collapse. But, I disagree with them as to why that is so. I disagree in that history literally screams out emphatically that the inhumane actions of people calling themselves Christians, particularly who think of themselves as both white and Christian, are major reasons why our world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Also, I do not agree with the Christians that this world will get worse and worse until Jesus physically comes back, rescues the Christians, and condemns everyone else to eternal damnation.

I think God [aka Jesus, aka the Word Of God] has a plan in play which is guaranteed to nudge men into saving themselves from themselves. This is not heretical, because the best of man --- his true essence -- is God, aka Jesus, aka the Word Of God.

It would accomplish nothing for Jesus to physically return, banish the worst of men to hell, then put the Christians in positions of authority in the new heaven and the new earth. It would accomplish nothing because the Christians already are the most influential cultural group in our world and look how well that is working.

Brother ManicRaider ... this is a great topic ... and not because i started a thread on it too ... :wink: ... DoomsDay Preparation - Have You Considered and Started

Preparation can never be a bad thing ... can it?

I think we all do it to the degree that we can.

Looking forward to reading more on this topic ... thanks for starting it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Brother ManicRaider ... this is a great topic ... and not because i started a thread on it too ... :wink: ... DoomsDay Preparation - Have You Considered and Started

Preparation can never be a bad thing ... can it?

I think we all do it to the degree that we can.

Looking forward to reading more on this topic ... thanks for starting it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Hi there, Destee! If you want you could just merge my thread into yours since they're basically the same thing. I think I'm going to keep my stockpile at the same level it's at. I doubt there's going to be a doomsday anytime soon

Hi there, Destee! If you want you could just merge my thread into yours since they're basically the same thing. I think I'm going to keep my stockpile at the same level it's at. I doubt there's going to be a doomsday anytime soon

Haaay Brother ... :wave:

Nooo ... we don't have to merge 'em ... there's room enough for yours, mine, and 900 other people's! ... :love:

You bring a unique twist to it ... big words like survivalist and stockpile ... :wink:

It's our diversity that makes us so rich, and we have room enough for all !!!

Love You and Thanks again for sharing!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back