Black People : How do you guys feel about this survivalist/stockpiling thing??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ManicRaider, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Let me stop you before you say it. I don't mean survival in the purest terms. I mean the whole survivalist subculture that people are into with hoarding food, gun, supplies etc.

I see that a lot of conservative/republican types are into it. That kinda discourages me. I'm not sure that stockpiling is really a good thing or just some delusional fantasy that the cons have made up in their heads. Most people (to my knowledge) do it in preparation for riots that will happen if the US economy gets too bad. You'll need guns to protect yourself from people looking for food/shelter etc. and food because food will either be scarce or cost too much. Depends on who you ask.

Don't get me wrong, I see the benefit of having some extra supplies around but I'm not sure that massively stockpiling them is the answer. I mean if something does go down and you have all of that stuff. If you cannot get any more you're at the mercy of how much you have. Even if you have 2 years worth of stuff, in 2 years you'll need more.

What do you guys think about this stuff? Is it worth doing? Should black people be doing this too?

2. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    It can be taken way out of hand into becoming an excuse to escape personal responsibility for seeking peace on earth.

I have talked to Christians who think there is little they can do to realize Peace On Earth because, they think, this world is ruled by the devil and will be that way until Jesus returns.

Also, I have talked to white right wingers, who also think of themselves as Christians, who use survivalist themes to justify their worship of the weapons of this carnal world [guns, knives, and various other tools for killing other human beings].

I agree with both groups that our world, particularly America, is headed toward catastrophic collapse. But, I disagree with them as to why that is so. I disagree in that history literally screams out emphatically that the inhumane actions of people calling themselves Christians, particularly who think of themselves as both white and Christian, are major reasons why our world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Also, I do not agree with the Christians that this world will get worse and worse until Jesus physically comes back, rescues the Christians, and condemns everyone else to eternal damnation.

I think God [aka Jesus, aka the Word Of God] has a plan in play which is guaranteed to nudge men into saving themselves from themselves. This is not heretical, because the best of man --- his true essence -- is God, aka Jesus, aka the Word Of God.

It would accomplish nothing for Jesus to physically return, banish the worst of men to hell, then put the Christians in positions of authority in the new heaven and the new earth. It would accomplish nothing because the Christians already are the most influential cultural group in our world and look how well that is working.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother ManicRaider ... this is a great topic ... and not because i started a thread on it too ... :wink: ... DoomsDay Preparation - Have You Considered and Started

Preparation can never be a bad thing ... can it?

I think we all do it to the degree that we can.

Looking forward to reading more on this topic ... thanks for starting it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Hi there, Destee! If you want you could just merge my thread into yours since they're basically the same thing. I think I'm going to keep my stockpile at the same level it's at. I doubt there's going to be a doomsday anytime soon

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Haaay Brother ... :wave:

Nooo ... we don't have to merge 'em ... there's room enough for yours, mine, and 900 other people's! ... :love:

You bring a unique twist to it ... big words like survivalist and stockpile ... :wink:

It's our diversity that makes us so rich, and we have room enough for all !!!

Love You and Thanks again for sharing!

:heart:

Destee

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Better to have and not need than to need and not have ......

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :10900:i just went down to whole foods and stocked up on some grub…...

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

But what needs to be kept in mind is that just because millions carry the title of Christian does not equate them carrying the faith of those actually saved. So yes, many calling themselves Christian run much of the world, but if they hold not the true faith, why is it thought by anyone other than themselves that they'd be saved when the Son returns, and that the world wouldn't be any different with nothing accomplished? Just because they say it, does not mean that's how it will be.

Even if someone thinks it's worth doing, as you said yourself, if they run out, they're going to need more and be in the position they were so desperately trying to keep from. I'm not saying you can't stock up; people do it all the time during hurricane season, alone. However, stocking up as if you think that'll guarantee your life is something I don't have faith in, and people placing their faith in it is dangerous to themselves, I believe.

9. Tiger19

Tiger19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Just contemplating your thoughts on this subject should give rise to the question:Are we to be survivalist as individuals or do we fair better as a nation of survivalist(group survival dynamic)???

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Two words:

Hurricane Katrina