Black Spirituality Religion : How do you go into trance?

Just the other night I was trying to will myself straight into sleep. It was late at night, just a few hours before work, and I was wide awake. I did slip into some kind of relaxed state but before it could catch hold I kept fighting it. Why I didn't just let it happen I don't know because now I can't do it again. Ended up awake the next two hours, sheesh.

I-khan said:
seriously, while it happens I do not 'feel' any pain only a slight sensation of movement...sometimes I even slide off the chair onto the floor.....
I'm serious, brotha, make sure there are no sharp objects within your immediate vicinity. Like purple said, you might want to start off on the floor. If you come back and tell us you fell off the floor then I don't know what to say. But I know the god will come back with a series of excellent answers.

Slowly said:
Just the other night I was trying to will myself straight into sleep. It was late at night, just a few hours before work, and I was wide awake. I did slip into some kind of relaxed state but before it could catch hold I kept fighting it. Why I didn't just let it happen I don't know because now I can't do it again. Ended up awake the next two hours, sheesh.
Been there, man. There's this fear that we are figting for our lives and if we just accept what's happening we will die. That's why I'm trying to find out about this because knowledge and understanding are the only things that can overcome our fear of the unknown.