Black People : How Do You Gauge Success and Failure?

Success to me is achieving all or most of the goals I set for myself. It is not solely in one area of life. I have a degree and am studying on the next level now, that is A success. At the same time, my social life has been a complete failure and until recently, nothing was right in it. My love life is straight garbage and because of that, some of the goals I have in life will be severely delayed....particularly starting a family. I learned long ago not to base my level of success on what others think, though it makes no difference because I am harder on me than anyone else could ever be.

All that to say, I guage success by the ammount of goals achieved, how long it took, and if it is up to par with my age and stage of life I should be in.

MrBlak

Therious said:
In my vision success is if you are at peace with your self, and if you control your own destiny, (as much as you can these days). My success comes from my creativity, when i complete a track, and finish recording a song (wether or not any one ever hears it). Also i feel success by helping others. This web site is a cimplete success providing a voice for the unheard. Bottom line...

In my opinion success is anything you work hard for and achieve. Or being at peace after you have failed. Success is knowledge of self, and the universe.

one love

That man Therious

I agree. Success to me is being content with myself, knowing that I'm trying to do things my way. Also, helping others and making others happy is a good feeling to me. As far as financial, success would be making sure I can always be there for people in my life. I don't need alot to be me, so the extra I will use to help out loved ones. Success as far as love would be finding someone that I make happy enough to be loyal and loving to me. Like I said, I don't need alot to be me, so feeling completely successful is not going to be hard at all. :heart:

i have had great success in life by some standards.
yet i have never been content.

is the glass half full or half empty?
i have more understanding than the average cat, yet i don't know nothing.

I'm reaching the end of my days but I'm hustling more than i did when i was young.
it's very confusing and i fear i will go to my grave still trying to figure it all out. :confused:

Destee said:
My question to you is ...

1. What do you use to gauge your personal success or failure?
Success for me is in realizing that i am not a failure; that we were all the results of success not of accidents but well planned actions of our Creator who is the ultimate of Success......just the right sperm and egg and everything before that and after that, just right........

One area of my life where I feel completely successful and blessed is my daughter. At 12 years old, she is so well grounded, understanding, caring and sweet. And it can be biased coming from me, but when her teachers,family and friends, or our neighbors or people at my job constantly tell me what a joy she is, I am moved to tears that I did good with her.

My spiritual walk has faltered. Not in my belief in GOD, but I keep leaving his side, trying to help HIM do HIS work with me. HE doesn't need my help. I think right now, since I am going through trials and trying to be still and listen, cutting away the negativity that has surrounded me for so long, everything else will come together. My success will be gauged by GOD and the peace that I have within me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back