Black Spirituality Religion : How do you feel about this...

sexe1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 10, 2001
Houston, TX
Occupation
Purchaing
I met a young man the other day that told me that he could not believe that people believed and worshiped Jesus more than God. He said that when Jesus said "No one goes unto the Father, but by Me," he meant that we should try to model our ways after him, not to worship him and hold him higher than God. He also went on to say that Jesus could be compared to Tupac, because speaks the truth like Jesus did. That they had much in common, because he said tat people did not many people followed Jesus when he was here on earth, but when he died they loved him more than ever. Like Tupac, who didn't have much love until he died and 7 years later after his death he is still selling records. Also that he didn't understand why black people were so religious, because God was what the white people used during slavery in order to keep the slaves calm. Then he said that to remember that when the white masters were raping black women and killing the black men back then they always used God to justify their actions.

How do you all feel about this??

sexe1 wrote ...."He went on to say that Jesus could be compared to Tupac because [he] speaks the truth like Jesus did ."

Jesus never spoke of killing anyone or screwing someone else's wife and neither was he known for jumping on people at a Mike Tyson fight like Pac. ls that what the you or "the young man" call truth?

sexe continued ..."that they had much in common, because he said [that] not many people followed Jesus when he was here on earth, but when he died they loved him more than ever."

this does not in any way make the two comparable and alike. When people die, you're either loved more, hated more or forgotten but it doesn't mean that we had the same character, behavior and attitude alike. so does that mean Notorious B.I.G and Tupac, two renowned enemies with their deadly differences had much in common?? there was no harmony between the two. Both of them sold more after their deaths. There is no wisdom in what "the young man" is trying to say.

sexe1 wrote "...Also that he didn't understand why black people were so religious, because God was what the white people used during slavery in order to keep the slaves calm..."

wrong again :nono: Does he or do you think that they could God was in their intent? that would not be God, but the devil. Please see a little deeper. Go beyond slavery and see that black people have been God-fearing people since existence so again, the young man has allowed the lie he has heard to enslave his mode of thinking. Tell the young man not to let "the white man" stop him from knowing God for himself. U also.

sexe1, l am not trying to disrespect "the young man" as you describe him, but what he told you was blind as Stevie and Ray Charles combined.

i dont know whats wrong with this young man...but no one can be compared to christ....

the reasoning behind my name is i try to always be perfect like christ like and a anutha meanin ill share anutha time...lolllll

and a reason that slaves worshipped christ so much like anyone that chooses to...is because its a faith...he was the teacher and the example...

God and christ is one and the same....only christ roamed the earth...at least they are to me...but when i pray i pray to God

I would like to first say to J'haiah, Purrrfect, and Cypher, thank you for all the responces....

J'haiah - I would like to let you know that this was a person that I met...not me....I noticed that you refered to me when responding, and I did not say these things nor do I believe in what the young man said. And I do agree this brother is blind, but everyone has their opinion.

Purrrfect - I feel you on what you are saying and I also felt that the slaves worshiped God because of faith....faith that they were going to have the chance to be free.

Cypher - I also picked up that this brother was a 2pac fan...and he was so serious when he was telling me this that it scared me. I can only wish as a mother that my child never travels so far away from the truth that she would ever tell anyone some mess like what this brother told me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back