Black Relationships : How do you feel about successful Black Men dating White woman?

i still dont understand:

so you actually think:

1. that white women sit around waiting for black men with money?
2. that there are not thousands of black women that around these men as well?
3. that black men with money are more attracted to white women?
4.that white women are better at securing relationships with black men?

I mean seriously, i think that the black woman has been hurt and for good reason when black men have chosen to date white women -- just as she has been equally taxed and stretched by the burdens placed on the black male by society that have led to some of his anger and self-worth issues.

but... generalizations are often found to be false. i know a lot of brothers that go to work at firms, banks, hospitals, universities etc.. and they date black women exclusively. and yes, i got a few friends that have enough money to fit into the category of wealthy. they too date black women exclusively. and it would be pretty hard to do otherwise when they are literally bombarded by black women that sense their professional success at twenty paces. lol

i believe we can have a conversation about black MEN AND WOMEN and dating white folks - but not just men. its biased as all get out.

My question is why does it really matter? We that believe that God created us and He does not show favoritism towards any race of people, then why is it that a lot of us have a problem with who's dating who? Are we so caught up in other people's business that we have not time for our own?

If my brother (or sister) next door wants to date an Asian, a white, Latina/Latino I could care less. It's their life and they have to live with the choices they make.

As for people making comments like it serve Kobe right for being with that "white" woman....well, I guess it would had been ok if the woman had been black. If God has no problem with the race of that woman, but more concern for the act of adultery, again I ask, why do we care so much about her race?

I don't know, maybe its just me, race is not an issue.

I felt the need to respond to this post, because in the generalization, I guess I fit. I am a white/hispanic woman who was raised since 14 by an all black family. I ONLY date black men. It's a personal choice. I think that in this day and age that's all this should come down to. We, as free people have the freedom of choosing our mates. If a black man chooses to be with me because of the fact that I'm "white" I don't want him. I want a man that can UNDERSTAND ME! Where I've come from, the struggles that I've suffered and pulled through with the true amazing strength of a queen. I feel it very unfair to sterotype. I am in no way trying to pollute the African culture with my white/latina blood. I am just trying to be happy. i understand the stereotype. I've witnessed plenty of white women that are attracted to the "mystery" or whatever it may be about the black men. However, please keep in mind that by you "hating" on the white race you are being hypocritical of all you are speaking up on when you say that the white race is supressing your race. If you look around, the African-American population is increasing and even though the majority still is struggling from what your forefathers endured, your foot is in the door. Great things are happening in your "community". I've rambled now, but I think that it should come down to whatever makes you happy. If a purple spotted man could fulfill all my dreams, that's who I would be with. (well maybe that's going a little far:) ) You get my point.
Much love:heart:

Very good comments Anaksanamun, Baba Ahmed, and Ifasehun. I have one question though.... what constitutes a "successful black man". rmstkd, I assume by your reference to God created us he does show favoritism, that you believe in the bible? The scriptures are repleat with references to the Judeo-christian God "siding" with the Children of Israel, and I know of at least one scripture that says, I set you apart nation from nation that you may know each other. So if we were all meant to be on big bottle of Heinz 57... how do you explain that kind of seperation?

I noticed that alot of Black woman do find this to be
a slap in the face when a Black man considered
to be of prestige dates a white woman.
Rather not you have noticed or don't care to acknowledge
it is being said.
I'm not black
male bashing just stating a noticed complaint.
Now I agree
with some things Anaksanamun said on how some of these
men have perceived streotypes and based off of twisted
ideals when opportunity arises act out of selfish reasoning.
That can be with rich or poor man.
Now it gives me a opinion when a Black men ---strictly---- dates a white
woman because I feel his reasons for doing so is of streotypes , as
alot of you may agree.
I'm not a Black male of prestige dating
white woman so I can only go on
the reasons for which I've heard mentioned.
If it's out of purely being color blind then I
agree with it totally and that's not a issue to me.I would never say
I don't agree with interracial relationships.Dispite all
that we as people have been through, God is impartial
and taught me along time ago to be as well.
This post was written because I wanted to know how this made you feel.
Thanks for your comments and hope to hear more from you all.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back