Black People : How Do You Define The Words: Culture/Education/Economics/Politics?

Politics is the exercise and distribution of power. That's one definition I've heard from somewhere.

I appreciate your effort etc.

Also please elaborate as regards what is power to you:

I. e., how is it we regained the right to vote, (stolen from past generations after the brief time our forebears had it during Reconstruction), yet nothing or little to show for it?!?

As in: As a people???

:10400:

Power, to me, is self-determination with the means to see one's will through to manifestation.

Let's start fresh (if not over)...

First of all, individuals have their options, though ours has had to be a collective approach, and in spite of it all, we are a reflection of our peoples origins...

Why I feel and think we're getting nowhere:

We emulate and mimic people we have nothing truly in common with...

I. e., whites tend to be exclusive, given our heritage/legacy/etc. we tend to be inclusive...

I just reject the very idea of merely basing uniting with folk of the same ethnic/racial/etc. backgrounds...

Instead: What shall be our general standards etc.?

Placing it all within a historical context:

Not only has our's been a culture of resistance, that is also a carryover from our ancestors on the continent of Africa...

It is our unique inheritance, which from griots in the marketplaces of ancient empires, which included those who poked fun at corrupt african rulers, to the likes of colored comics, from the likes of folks with names like ' Pigmeat ' Markam to 'Moms' Mabley, or my generation's beloved Richard Pryor--or more recently Chris Rock-- did or do likewise-- when it comes to the white variety-- on this continent and in this nation-- too...

It is when those who show disrespect for what was passed on and down to them, I don't feel or think we owe them anything...

Etc.

I didn't mean to make another speech or just rant:

But the change that is needed does begin with me and you..

For our sakes and our young folks

I. e., what do we choose (the operative word here) to cherish and honor about what did get us from there, past generations enslavement ad naseum, to here, and anybody dare to claim we bumbling and fumbling nobodies by our nature?

Pure b. s.!

On the other hand:

Other folk just make it easier for us to go on doing their dirt, around the nation (and the globe)

Do 'all' of us have amnesia?

Maybe some never knew...

Maybe others wish we'd just forget...

Not to digress too much...

Brother Malcolm spoke of two types of responses: I. e., the house kneegrow and the field kneegrow, breaking it down to a level anybody could or would be able to get their minds around...

Simply put: Most of the time, the house kneegrow took the easy way out, the field kneegrows (blacks) resisted whenever and wherever they could...

It was and is a matter of either personal advancement or one's own sense of dignity...

Not nothern vs southern blacks...

Etc.

But even as a few have suggested we reconsider past options, we also have to keep n mind their true originators, be it the Honorable Elijah Muhummud's or Malcolm's own short lived OAAU's proposals...

Some merit to the principles of Kwanza, though they need to be applied year round, and by more than a literal handful.

Not good enough to limit folk to either a 'drop your buckets' where we are or a 'talented tenth' approach...

Why else do so many expect too much and from too few (can you say Barack Obama)?

Anyway I just did!

Though none of the above can or will take place, unless and until all of this cyncism and fatalism about blacks in general, infighting by posters on these forums in particular, give way to more positive attitudes/more progressive efforts etc.

End of speech...

FYI...

:10200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back