Black People : How do you define financial stability?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by IntuitioninMD, Dec 16, 2004.

1. IntuitioninMD

IntuitioninMD Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    It saddens me in the Black Community that our people tend to have this "misery loves company" complex. That being said -- it also saddens me that there are people -- that could really be considered the enemy amongst black people.

The enemy is not going to want you to have financial stability. The enemy will want you to be down on miserable like themselves.

I thank God that he has blessed.

There are people that are upset.... -- that I have made it and I am proud <-- oh well. These same people that spend so much time --- trying to bring me down to their levels rather than coming up with a plan so that they can reach financial stability.

So for the HATERS (people that do not LIKE people with money), let us comllectively define what is financial stability.

Hopefully, those HATERS, will take notes and learn something.

SO... What is financial stability?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I define it as)( :: Relating to finances /good wealth which are firmly established mentally
    and emotionally as well financially as set to well beings to live a more financial free
    life but leave a stress to maintain the structure of wealth by utilizing it , I also define
    financial stability as knowing the funding or wealth can be a start of better living but
    also a way to reach back and share the secret to wealth and help bring another brutha
    or sista up in life , we can be well set but if not handled correctly we can fine it all sheltered
    right out our hands and into the next so MONEY ! can be fruitful but stressful to a degree
    stability is to hold steady but my question , is this where we want to be as wealthy and
    financially set or reach a higher gold ?

I say thank God for my sista & brutha who are well off by whatever means they my have
    or recieve in life just if you are above in higher class do reach back and lift a soul a sista
    a brutha up and show the way to financial freedom .

I agree why hate on the next person who has made it , but ask for some advice to help
    you rise and reach a standard in life as they did
    some of us make it from hard work blood sweat and tears / some make it from family
    intrest life behind / some make it by stealing/cheating /lies and betrayal but the point
    is they making it / some use common knowledge and invest in stocks / bonds daily trades
    and other safe habor structure to stay above and financially good but don't forget your people

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Having more assets than debts is a primary requirement. I remember wealth being defined as having enough money saved/invested that one could not work for 10 years, and continue to maintain their standard of living.

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    What good is the stability if you can't share it with your people who really need it?

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is a good question brother Sekhemu, you'd have to pose it to someone who is more concerned about money than their community. I don't happen to be one, my only financial concern is being able to provide a quality lifestyle for my family.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i think having financial stability is defined by the fact that one does not feel the need to discuss money every day of their life.
    if every other word out of your month is about money, that indicates to me that you do not have money or that you do have an unhealthy obsession with it.

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I hear ya Pan, although I responded to your last post, the question was not directed at you.

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Very well said, excellent points again brotha James

9. IntuitioninMD

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks to the people that have answered the question

Real people understand that people are spending money everyday. When you are burning electricity... riding around in your car....replying to discussion comments on your computer....

I find this is an opportunity to share with the community so others can have an understanding of what it is.. if they do not understand the concept of financial stability.

10. IntuitioninMD

Ratings:
    +7

Thanks RICH....

I tell some people in the community that they need to have a basic understanding.. of budgeting.. needs vs. wants... affordability. I then usually ask them.. how much is your rent or mortgage... (if they have one) and then I ask them... how many days or paychecks do they need to pay their rent or mortgage... I will then give them an equation that helps them understand what is realistic to them... and what they can afford.